Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abs9986

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to sync Facebook information to my iPhone specifically:

1. my contact pictures
2. birthdays
3. events

I would like all of this information to show up in contacts/ical on my iPhone and also my mac if possible.

Thanks for the help.

kzoojason76

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Yup.

Go into facebook on your iPhone/iPod Touch.
Go Apps/Friends
Choose the button on the top left (looks like a send to box with error coming out).
Choose Sync Contacts

It will sync contact photos with your current contacts on iOS. I also believe it does birthdays, but I may be mistaken.

abs9986

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
ok thanks for the help. Using the suggested methods I am able to sync contacts (so basically I can see the photo from Facebook in my contacts) and events.

I just figured out how to sync birthdays to ical. Its basically the same method as syncing events but you have to click on Facebook birthdays and then click the magnifying glass where there is an option to export birthdays. Now the birthday list of my friends in in my calendar which is shared between my iPhone and mac via iCloud.

This is so cool now!

Thanks,

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
I know this post is old but with the new Facebook app you can't do this. I've been looking and can't find how to do this

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to sync Facebook information to my iPhone specifically:

1. my contact pictures
2. birthdays
3. events

I would like all of this information to show up in contacts/ical on my iPhone and also my mac if possible.

Thanks for the help.

On Ios theres an app called Smartsync !! It syncs fb contacs and matches with ur ones for pics and details.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.