Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Popular calendar app Fantastical 2 for the iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, was today updated to version 2.10, introducing full support for the recent iOS 12 and watchOS 5 updates.

fantasticalshortcuts-800x779.jpg

Starting today, Fantastical 2 offers Siri Shortcuts that are designed to let you add new calendar events, view upcoming events and reminders, and more. Some examples of Fantastical Shortcut options:

[*]Set a phrase such as "Hey Fantastical" to automatically open Fantastical to quickly begin creating a new event or reminder using Fantastical's parser
[*]Show upcoming events or reminders as part of a custom shortcut using the Shortcuts app
[*]Jump to a specific reminders list by creating a button on the home screen with the Shortcuts app

All of the available Fantastical Shortcuts can be viewed in the Settings app under Siri & Search > Fantastical after updating to the latest version.

With support for interactive notifications, Fantastical 2 will allow you to snooze alerts for events and reminders right from your iOS notifications list.

On the Apple Watch, Fantastical 2 will work with the Siri watch face, letting you get Fantastical 2 Siri suggestions for upcoming events and reminders on your wrist.

It also supports the new Infograph watch faces with Fantastical 2 complications. There are two complication styles available for the Infograph face and one available for the Infograph Modular face. Complications can be customized in the Fantastical app by going to Settings > Apple Watch.

Fantastical 2.10 now requires users to be running iOS 11 or later on iOS devices and watchOS 4 or later on the Apple Watch.

Fantastical 2 for iPhone and Apple Watch can be downloaded from the App Store for $2.99. [Direct Link]

Fantastical 2 for iPad can be downloaded from the App Store for $4.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Fantastical 2 for iPhone and Apple Watch Gains Support for Siri Shortcuts, New Watch Faces

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
The default Calendar apps on iOS and macOS are free and support natural input in more than those 5-6 languages Fantastical has been stuck on for a while now. That’s pretty cool too.

Reactions: Macula

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Man I'm a huge fan of fantastical. I wish I had the AW4 so I could take advantage of the new complications.

Don’t sweat it. I use Fantastical on all my devices, but not on the AW4. I tried the updated complications and IMO they’re not as well implemented as Apple’s regular Cal complications. They don’t look as good or convey info in any appreciably better way IMO. Disappointing.

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Don’t sweat it. I use Fantastical on all my devices, but not on the AW4. I tried the updated complications and IMO they’re not as well implemented as Apple’s regular Cal complications. They don’t look as good or convey info in any appreciably better way IMO. Disappointing.
This. I just updated my iPhone to the latest and the complications are really not that nice. Why are they an ugly yellow color? Not sure what their design choice is. I still love their iOS and macOS applications, but the watchOS has been lagging.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again

Bummer. There has to be a way to implement the reminders and calendar feature on the face. I have a AW3 and like you I just use the default calendar on the modular face.

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2013
I have installed the app today. I have imported all reminders from the native app. How so I use it properly? How to make sure reminders are working?

whyamihere

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
'nati
Been waiting for Fantastical to update this. It's only been a couple of weeks with the series 4, but I'm very happy to finally have a single complication showing reminder AND calendar events, rather than having to choose one over the other or waste 2 complication slots to do so.

That said, Fantastical's implementation is inferior to the Apple complications because it only lists the time something will happen but doesn't say what that something will be. I hope they change that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.