Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Feral today released the Mac version of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, the sixth installment in the hit series of action stealth games.

Mixing a first-person perspective with a third-person cover system, Deus Ex combines elements of classic FPS shooters with a role-playing upgrade system and dialogue interaction.

DXMD_2016_05_13_E32016_ONLINE_17-800x422.jpg
The year is 2029, and mechanically augmented humans are now outcasts, completely segregated from the rest of society.

Now an experienced covert operative, Adam Jensen is forced to operate in a world that has grown to despise his kind. Armed with a new arsenal of state-of-the-art weapons and augmentations, he must choose the right approach, and who to trust, in order to unravel a vast worldwide conspiracy.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is available from the Feral Store and Steam for $59.99. The Desperate Measures in-game mission and the Covert Agent pack, which includes various weapons and items, are available for free.

The Digital Deluxe Edition is available from the Feral Store and Steam for $89.99. The Deluxe Edition includes two new story-based DLCs, System Rift and A Criminal Past, as well as the Assault and Tactical packs, which include various weapons and items. On top of that, players get the Desperate Measures in-game mission and the Covert Agent pack, four Praxis kits, 5,000 credits, 1,000 weapon parts, five booster packs, and 20 Chipsets for Breach, a standalone online game mode.

To get the games to run, users will need a Mac running OS X 10.13.1 and at least an Intel Core i5 3GHz processor, 8GB of RAM, a 2GB video card, and 67GB of disk space. Feral says the game is officially supported on the following Macs: All 15-inch MacBook Pros released since late 2016, all 21.5-inch Retina 4K iMacs released since 2017, all 27-inch Retina 5K iMacs released since late 2014, and all Mac Pros released since late 2013.

The only caveat seems to be the 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro released in mid 2015 with an AMD Radeon R9 M370X, which Feral says is "capable of running the game but does not consistently meet the standards required for official support".

Article Link: Feral Releases 'Deus Ex: Mankind Divided' for macOS

goshya

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
Europe
Excellent game.

I have loved every Deus Ex version since 2000.

Check out the one in the iOS App Store as well. :)

Reactions: Ener Ji

MrEddy

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
So I run a 2012 iMac 27" with Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX with 2 gigs of memory.
I bought the game originally on steam booted into boot camp cuz I liked it so much.
Pleasantly surprised that when I open steam on Mac OS it immeidiatly shows up as available and I can d/l it. We'll see wether or not it will actually play on the Mac OS. But based not their recommended numbers I meet there requirements. I have a Core i7 3.4 well beyond the 3.0 giz Core i5 they recommend and I have a 2 gig video card. So i'll let you know how well it plays if at all.

But, it was perfectly playable booted into windows 7 on this same computer.

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
Istant buy!!!
[doublepost=1513100882][/doublepost]
So I run a 2012 iMac 27" with Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX with 2 gigs of memory.
I bought the game originally on steam booted into boot camp cuz I liked it so much.
Pleasantly surprised that when I open steam on Mac OS it immeidiatly shows up as available and I can d/l it. We'll see wether or not it will actually play on the Mac OS. But based not their recommended numbers I meet there requirements. I have a Core i7 3.4 well beyond the 3.0 giz Core i5 they recommend and I have a 2 gig video card. So i'll let you know how well it plays if at all.

But, it was perfectly playable booted into windows 7 on this same computer.
It will run, they say it is not supported. It is different from not working

Reactions: Ener Ji

MrEddy

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
Istant buy!!!
[doublepost=1513100882][/doublepost]
It will run, they say it is not supported. It is different from not working

So far does it run.. yes.. its really really slow though. I had to drop resolution to 800x600 and put everything on low to even be remotely playable. I haven't played in on the Windows 7 side in awhile so I can't recall what settings I had to use on windows side but it was smoother there. With any luck they might make some updates to make it play a little better on the Nvidia hardware.

MrEddy

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
Ive got 16 gigs of ram and a 3.1 i5 with the intel graphics... Im worried this wont run any thoughts?
it really depends more on what year your computer was made and what generation of graphic card you have. My card has 2 gigs of memory but because it's such an old generation card, the performance is terrible.
A newer card with a slower CPU would do better i'm certain.

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
Running great so far on my eGPU! playing smooth with very high settings
[doublepost=1513117942][/doublepost]
Ive got 16 gigs of ram and a 3.1 i5 with the intel graphics... Im worried this wont run any thoughts?
Your GPU is weak, you need dedicated GPU or eGPU. I’ve tested tonight an eGPU with RX 580 on a super old 2011 13” MacBook Pro and it boosted GFX by 400%

blinkfan4871

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2010
New York City
it really depends more on what year your computer was made and what generation of graphic card you have. My card has 2 gigs of memory but because it's such an old generation card, the performance is terrible.
A newer card with a slower CPU would do better i'm certain.
Ive got the 2017 MacBook Pro Intel Iris Plus 650
[doublepost=1513180245][/doublepost]
Running great so far on my eGPU! playing smooth with very high settings
[doublepost=1513117942][/doublepost]
Your GPU is weak, you need dedicated GPU or eGPU. I’ve tested tonight an eGPU with RX 580 on a super old 2011 13” MacBook Pro and it boosted GFX by 400%
Any thoughts on an eGPU? From looking into it its seems like there isn't 100% official support from Apple yet Sonnet? Akito Node? It seems as if with the enclosure and a card its a minimum of $400-$500 investment

MrEddy

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2012
So at this point it seems to work better and smoother. I change the graphic settings to medium (800 x 600 resolution) then I disabled any sliders which went green. Rebooted my mac and not is pretty playable. Still not perfectly smooth or anything but it's smooth enough to play. Not sure why a reboot helped so much but it did. Before I rebooted, trying to deactivate a security camera wireless or anything like that was near impossible it was so choppy you could never time it right. Aiming was also really hard due to choppiness.

But, at this point seems to be ok with those settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.