Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elsarhae12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2012
I recently bought the Lion flash drive and clean installed it onto my computer from Leopard (I skipped snow leopard and this is why I had to clean install Lion). I then installed FCP7 (ripped) and it worked fine for a few days. I started to encode some videos to apple pro rez which took up a huge amount of space on my hard drive and i got pop ups saying my start up disc was full. Then FCP wouldnt open. It would load with the start up screen and all but would never actually open. I put a bunch of files (including the video files) onto my external hard drive and I now have 292gb out of 499gb available on my lap top.. so the start up disc is nowhere near full any longer. FCP STILL WONT OPEN. I have been investigating this problem on google and people have had this same problem. Some people have just re-installed FCP over and over so it would keep working. But I don't want to have to do this. I have repaired permissions. Could it have to do with the clean install of Lion?

Last edited:

elsarhae12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2012
No help...

This doesn't really address my problem. I DID repair permissions but it did literally nothing (that I know of at least). Final Cut won't open at all. I am thinking I should completely uninstall it and do it over.. But I really want to avoid having to do this on a regular basis. I don't want to take it to a mac store either because they will rip me off.

Nov 28, 2010
located
This doesn't really address my problem. I DID repair permissions but it did literally nothing (that I know of at least). Final Cut won't open at all. I am thinking I should completely uninstall it and do it over.. But I really want to avoid having to do this on a regular basis. I don't want to take it to a mac store either because they will rip me off.

So you either tried the steps found in those FIRST TWO links called TROUBLESHOOTING and they had no result, or you didn't try those steps found in those first two links.
What is it?

A post title "No help" does not really help, if you can't tell us, what didn't help. We are not here to guess, what you did or didn't do, if you want help, you have to at least communicate what you did and what you didn't do and what did help and what didn't help.

Man, gladly I have my nuts here with me.

elsarhae12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2012
I need to change the serial number

Your document simply does not apply to my problem (which I stated in my original post). I followed all instructions but I have a cracked copy of FCP and what I am coming to realize is that I entered a bad serial number that did NOT come with the torrent instructions.

Will you please ask your nuts how I can go about re-entering the other serial number? I have tried to uninstall FCP completely but as you probably know, this has been challenging. I have been recommended to download FCP remover but have also seen reviews that the program doesn't work.

What would you suggest, Sir Alpha Male?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Your document simply does not apply to my problem (which I stated in my original post). I followed all instructions but I have a cracked copy of FCP and what I am coming to realize is that I entered a bad serial number that did NOT come with the torrent instructions.

Will you please ask your nuts how I can go about re-entering the other serial number? I have tried to uninstall FCP completely but as you probably know, this has been challenging. I have been recommended to download FCP remover but have also seen reviews that the program doesn't work.

What would you suggest, Sir Alpha Male?

Pardon my arrogance, but nowhere in your OP did you state, that you did, what the articles I linked to advised you to do for troubleshooting.
And as you edited your OP today, I guess, it is all frakked up anyway.

But since you ask so nicely: BUY THE DAMN SOFTWARE.

Warez/Serials/Keys.
Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

from https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us#Things_Not_to_Do

PS: Your software is NOT cracked, you just illegally obtained a copy of it and a serial number. Cracking refers to actually modifying the software. Stealing software and not knowing how it works, typical.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.