Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
from what i know imac's graphic card is not upgradable?

OT: do you by any chance go to UCSB?

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Eidorian said:
MXM module in the 24" iMac.

So how do they know it will work in a Mac? Just because it is MXM it will work in a Mac? I see no other reference to apple or OS X in the article other than that bit in the specs. So I have no idea where they got that from if it is from NVIDIA or not.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
eva01 said:
So how do they know it will work in a Mac? Just because it is MXM it will work in a Mac? I see no other reference to apple or OS X in the article other than that bit in the specs. So I have no idea where they got that from if it is from NVIDIA or not.
No clue, maybe it has EFI support. No word on drivers.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
That's very interesting. If that's rolled out as a standard or add-on spec in a reasonable period of time I would definitely consider the iMac. If an MBP is rolled out with that chipset, as long as they've cured the heat problems I'll definitely consider upgrading.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Good find indeed. I wonder how acurate they are by listing Mac OSX as supported? but I just dont see Apple ever offering this card in any new product but if a user could use this in a iMac it sure would make it more attractive to the new buyer. Im still waiting for some brave soul to tear into the 24" imac and expose its guts. Cards like this gives hope that Apple could make a nice small consumer tower to fit between Mini and Macpro. If not at least the 2 foot iMac has growth potential something that Apple has allways tried to kill for sake of PowerMac sales.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.