Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

If you were lucky enough to receive a new iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, or AirPods this year, you'll want to check out the extensive guides we have for new device owners. Whether you're new to a product altogether or have an upgraded version of a device with new features, we've got you covered.

Apple-Product-Guides-Feature-1.5.jpg

Each of our guides highlights all of the how tos, guides, and videos that we've released throughout the year covering various Apple products, and they're an excellent resource for yourself or a loved one that's new to an Apple product.

Check Out the Guides

You'll find even more of our guides and how tos by navigating to the Guides and How Tos section of our website.

Read the Roundups

Need more help learning about all of the features of your new device? We have a huge collection of in-depth roundups that we keep updated, and these are fantastic for learning about just what your new device can do. We've highlighted some of our most popular roundups below, but you can see them all by clicking on the Roundup tab at the top of the website or visiting the main roundup page. We've also got roundups for upcoming products, which are fun to read to get a glimpse of what to expect in 2021.
Visit the Forums

Have a question that's not answered in our guides and how tos? The forums are an excellent resource where you can get help and chat about your new Apple product with other MacRumors readers.

Article Link: New iPhone, Mac, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods? Check Out Our Apple Product Guides

Last edited:

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I got a clear and leather iPhone 12 MagSafe case. Impressed by the quality of both.

I also got a Philips hue light set, it'll definitely come in handy going to bed and waking up.

LeadingHeat

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2015
The on-device “tips” app is really good as well! I learn new little things about how to use my devices better every time I read through some sections of the app!

Reactions: ericwn

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
The on-device “tips” app is really good as well! I learn new little things about how to use my devices better every time I read through some sections of the app!

Well said, always a good idea to check that app every once in a while.

Reactions: LeadingHeat

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Happily using my iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone 8 Plus 256 work phone.

Although at the candlelight service I did noticed the wide angle lens doesn’t do night mode like the 12 Max Pro. :rolleyes:

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
My M1 MBA 16GB/1TB. A superb laptop. Fast, especially the SSD with 3,700/2,700 MB/s. Zero complaints. Best ever Apple laptop for me.

Only nit is lightly touching the function keys for volume/brightness/etc (as I would do on my 2017 MBP) and nothing happens. Some habits take awhile to unlearn. MATLAB R2020b runs great on it via Rosetta, and a native version is upcoming.

Reactions: jwolf6589

hagjohn

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2006
Pennsylvania
My M1 Mini was my gift for xmas this year and since either the bluetooth sucks in the Mini (since 2018) or the :apple: mouse 2 ( :apple: keyboard is fine), I got a Logi mouse ball.

Love the M1 Mini and I can't wait to see where Apple goes with Apple Silicon.

Happy Christmas, Holiday's, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa everyone. 2021 can't suck as much as 2020!

Last edited:
Reactions: iGüey

Theryesider

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2020
Glasgow
My kids got me the MagSafe duo, reasonably impressed thankfully I never had to pay for it.
On one of the reviews think it was something like 250 times open and close then the hinge will become defective.
Now when I read that I thought only going to use it when on holiday/ weekends away so was reckoning about 10 times a year.
So should be good for about 25 years, have already took about 5 years off it already.:D

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Confused by the title.
Does it mean:
Are you getting a new Apple device? (Thus here is choices to choose from?)
Did you get a new Apple Device (list what you go. Doesn’t make sense to show a list of products to choose from)

Merry Christmas everyone.

jimbobb24

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2005
Got new MacBook Air. Anyone know what to do when iCloud wants you to sign in with the passcode for a phone you don’t have and don’t remember instead of the phone you have right now? Some of the security stuff can be wonky. I wish it would let me choose. And then if iCloud is overwhelmed - hey you failed at logging this. What’s the password for this device you had two years ago - and maybe not even the most recent password.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
I got AirPods in 2019 and a apple TV HD the year prior. I don't need a HomePod since I hardly listen to music so a boombox will due in my case.

I use the Home Pod as an alternative to a soundbar on my TV. Bought a new TV this year but I don't have room for the Sound Bar, but I wanted better sound. I might get another Homepod to get the Stareo, but so far so good.

Reactions: jwolf6589

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
I use the Home Pod as an alternative to a soundbar on my TV. Bought a new TV this year but I don't have room for the Sound Bar, but I wanted better sound. I might get another Homepod to get the Stareo, but so far so good.

I was a bit skeptical at first. But creating stereo pairs with two HomePods results in a dramatic improvement in sound.

Reactions: sjsharksfan12
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.