Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajpsjeng

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
HELP NEEDED ~!!

Hey , I did over the air update, what a shame...
Anyway, I'm stuck at the activation screen error and I haven't backed up my data yet.
Is there anyway, I can back up my data.

PLEASE HELP !! the files and stuff are really important to me.

Much appreciated !!

NOTE: now I can access the photos, but things like , messages - notes
I really need them.

Alonso Quijano

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2013
Did you update to 7.0.4 or did you try to update from beta 1 to beta 2 without having a registered UDID

ajpsjeng

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
Backing up from that isn't possible, sorry :(

Thank you very much for your reply.
Another way is to find a friend who has developer account to add my UDID to his/her account, right?

Can the UDID be deleted from the dev.account later on after I back up my stuff? cuz I just need to back up , I dont' need dev.account.

Alonso Quijano

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your reply.
Another way is to find a friend who has developer account to add my UDID to his/her account, right?

Can the UDID be deleted from the dev.account later on after I back up my stuff? cuz I just need to back up , I dont' need dev.account.

Yeah, if you can get your friend to register your UDID, you don't even need to restore your phone. Plugging it into iTunes will reactivate it, I'm pretty sure

But, if your UDID was to be removed from the account, trying to install 7.1 Beta 3 would give this same result

ajpsjeng

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
Yeah, if you can get your friend to register your UDID, you don't even need to restore your phone. Plugging it into iTunes will reactivate it, I'm pretty sure

But, if your UDID was to be removed from the account, trying to install 7.1 Beta 3 would give this same result

Oh thank you,
No..I just would like to back up my stuff , go back to iOS 7.0.4 and never install BETA again and wait for the full release.

so I'll just have to find a friend who can lend me...cuz I don't wanna waste their slot too.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
If you have an ios 7.1 backup in itunes. If you go to the backup folder and find the info.plist file then edit
<key>Product Version</key> <string>7.1</string>
to
<key>Product Version</key> <string>7.0.4</string>
Then iTunes will restore the back up fine. After you've restore your device to ios 7.0.4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.