Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
I came across the same issue.

Try saying, “Add Water to my Grocery Reminders” instead.

Worked for me.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
Adding stuff to lists using Siri hardly ever worked for me.

It seems simple enough, but for whatever reason, it stumps Siri. Just like many other things.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Mine has worked without flaw since they fixed it months and months ago. It is one of my favorite features to be able to quickly ad something to by Grocery and BJ shopping lists.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Weird.

On my phone I just said "add eggs to my grocery list", and it added eggs to my Reminders list which is titled "groceries" (plural).

On my Mac, I said the same thing and it said I didn't have a list named "grocery" (note the singular) and offered to create one.

Then I tried again t and said the exact same thing on my Mac and it worked fine.

Since a lot (all?) of this Siri processing happens over on Apple's servers, it could really be something they're messing with on their end. Or maybe -- my theory -- when your request hits Apple's servers it could hit different servers at different times? I don't know, I'm speculating here.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.