Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vilfredo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2018
France
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible to hide specifics album in the « photos » tab of the photo app.

To explain myself : All my pictures are sync in Icloud. I very often look at 9gag and save a lot of memes. On the other hand, I use my phone for work a lot. I take a lot of pictures for my reports.

Is that possible to hide, for exemple the 9gag album, in the tab with all the pictures to avoid akward moments at work ?

Thanks per advance for your help !

Jason.

jjohnstonjr

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible to hide specifics album in the « photos » tab of the photo app.

To explain myself : All my pictures are sync in Icloud. I very often look at 9gag and save a lot of memes. On the other hand, I use my phone for work a lot. I take a lot of pictures for my reports.

Is that possible to hide, for exemple the 9gag album, in the tab with all the pictures to avoid akward moments at work ?

Thanks per advance for your help !

Jason.

Download the app Calculator+. The app is free but to have unlimited uploads its $2.99. I love the app.

Vilfredo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2018
France
As far as I know you can only select photos not an album to hide in iPhoto but you can open the album to view and then Select All photos then Hide all the photos within that album.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT205891

Hey, thanks for this tip ! It works.

Download the app Calculator+. The app is free but to have unlimited uploads its $2.99. I love the app.

I looked at the app but it’s not exactly what I was looking for. I don’t want to hide compromising stuff but just to have a “professional” gallery which doesn’t show my personal pictures. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.