Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple earlier this week announced that the HomePod would be available in China and Hong Kong on Friday, January 18, and as promised, the smart speaker is now available for purchase in both locations.

HomePod is priced at 2,799 yuan in China and HK$2,799 in Hong Kong.

homepodhongkong-800x482.jpg

In addition to being available from the Apple online store and Apple retail stores, Apple Authorized resellers in China and Hong Kong are also offering the HomePod for sale.

Apple's Phil Schiller said that the company is excited to bring HomePod to China and Hong Kong in a statement made when the launch was announced.
We're excited to bring HomePod to our customers in mainland China and Hong Kong markets. We can't wait for them to experience how great it sounds in their home, we think they are going to love it.
Ahead of the launch of the HomePod in China and Hong Kong, Apple added Siri support for Cantonese and Mandarin in China and a Cantonese dialect in Hong Kong in a software update released in December.

HomePod was first introduced in the United States, UK, and Australia almost a year ago, and has since expanded to Canada, France, Germany, Spain, and Mexico, in addition to China and Hong Kong.

Article Link: HomePod Now Available for Purchase in China and Hong Kong

lllfyc

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2015
I am in Hong Kong and I thought this is the new HomePod 2 or the HomePod mini.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Wasn't it about $250 in the US? Unfortunately Amazon does not sell it so I couldn't buy it there and have it shipped to Hong Kong. The listed price HK$2,799 is about $360. Not good.

Last edited:

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
You forgot to mention the other hits that Apple have had... there's a reason why you registered here :) .
“Had” being the operative term here. It’s been a bad 12 months for Apple, the only bright spot being the Series 4, and even that is overpriced.

lawrencesheed

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Doubt there is any pent up demand in either HK or the Mainland for the HomePod.
It's been available in both locations in sufficient volumes since +-1 week after release in the States.

If anything, pricing has gone up since its been 'officially' released.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Got a ~USD22 discount from my staff card... And I'm eating my words, this thing is worth it for the sound quality alone. Also, it has virtually zero competition here in Hong Kong, since Alexa never speaks my language.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.