Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Depends on what's available launch day.

I don't think i'll be spending a single dollar any app that's not designed for iPad.

I'm interested in iPad versions of:
  • Omnifocus
  • all the new omnigroup apps in development
  • Maybe a magazine subscription or two (not sure yet)
  • Checkbook
  • Wallet
  • Navigon
  • SlingPlayer
  • ToDo
  • Things
  • FaceBook
  • a piano app with all the keys on one screen
  • redesinged Alarm clock Pro / with screen savers

I'm interested in seeing iPad apps that don't exist on iPhone:
  • Ventrilo
  • A game by Blizzard
  • more real games by the real developers (ie, konami, capcom, ea games, etc ) not the cheap $1 throw paper into a basket games.
  • Microsoft Office that plays nice with the windows version, (no formatting issues etc)
  • i can't think of any atm but I'm sure others will

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Oh! Wow!!! I just realized I've predicted iPad in 2007 and nobody noticed!!

My Avatar has been holding one this whole time!!

Spudracer

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2009
I think i will spend about $80.

No idea since I have no idea what the developer community can come up with. I expect some great things though. When you turn 10,000 creative minds loose and feed them with financial motive while supporting them with development tools, great things are bound to happen. Things we can't imagine in advance.

I will buy the iWorks spreadsheet and word processor. Not because I plan to do a lot of work on the touch interface. I just want to see what Apple has been able to do with touch on these common application types. I'll buy the paint or drawing program they demo'd at the launch event for the same reason. And I'll buy newspaper apps/subscriptions like the Boston Globe & NY Times. I might buy magazine apps/subscriptions if they can supply decent content while keeping the advertising in check. Flixster will likely make it onto my iPad because it's so convenient.

I won't buy travel apps like I keep on my iPhone.....Flight Track, Station Stops, Zagat, City Transit. I see the iPad as a portable device inside the house rather than a travel companion. It's too big to whip out while walking down the street (at least that's what she said). Likewise Grocery IQ and Red Laser won't make it onto the iPad since it lacks a camera and once again it's just too big to whip out in a grocery store anyway. Likewise any camera app.

I will buy some games.

Lots of free stuff.....Linked In, Comcast, etc.

Elzlaik

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
I will buy Pages and Numbers for $10 each. After that, I am willing to spend $100 over the next couple months. I bet there will be some awesome apps come out and they will likely cost more than iPhone apps.

thejakill

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2005
I think most of my iPhone apps will translate pretty well.

I'm excited to get pages and I really love Things. Would be great if thy made an ipad version.

Of course the best apps for ipad will be ones that haven't been thought of yet, when people see the new platform and how it can be used. Very exciting.

RobBookPro

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
The only app that i have planned to buy is numbers. Right now i rsally just want to settle into the ipads safari and mail. Everything else i will take it as it comes.

Mactagonist

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2008
NYC - Manhattan
I have $50-100 budgeted for iPad Apps in the next few months.

However, until we see a little more of what iPad specific apps are available I wont be making specific plans and I will be using the same App library I was using on my Touch.

MattWylde

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2009
Do you think there will be any launch day sales? I'm getting a 3G iPad, so I won't have it to download new apps on launch day, but I may be on the look-out to download some of them early if they are on sale. I hope that apps like MLB at Bat don't want to charge me another $15 to have the app on my iPad too. If that's the case, I'll just live with running the iPhone app zoomed double.

wyneken

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2010
The great State of Maine
Aside from Pages @ $9.99, I am officially budgeting zero dollars for iPad apps.

Of course I may peruse the App Store from time to time and discover something that I cannot live another minute without. In which case I will drop a couple of bucks and then forget the whole thing happened. It's like stopping on the way home to get a beer. Do you keep track of every dollar you spend on beer? No. You just get back in the car and turn up the radio.

I expect, on this basis, that my expenditures on iPad software will be all but nil.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Depends on how much they cost and the variety of iPad apps available on launch day. If there is nothing in the iPad App Store that I want my current iPhone apps will work for the time being.

That being said . . . I'm probably willing to spend no more than $25 on iPad apps this time around. :eek:

FlashHead

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
Is anyone really going to stick to a budget? How much had you budgeted for the eventual release of tablet you would want?

I will buy what will be very useful, very enjoyable, or will save me money. I will weigh the benefit of each app against the cost. How many marginally useful or entertaining apps did we all buy because they were only $.99?

It will be a minimum of $20 for pages and numbers and beyond that I'm open for any possibilities.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I have a little over $80 in iTunes gift cards. However, I think I will probably spending more on books than on apps. I guess it will really depend on whats available.

I'm wondering if any new book publishers have signed on since the keynote...

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
On existing apps, probably not much since the ones that I have will work on the iPad.

However, as new apps are created to take advantage of the iPad I would be willing to bet much more than I want. :eek: :)

Bentron

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
I remember when the App Store launched back in '08 I immediately bought a selection, I believe it was Super Monkey Ball, Texas Hold 'em (Apple version), Remote, possibly Facebook (but I can't remember if that was available at launch). Those are the main ones I can remember, but I bought a couple dozen others which I don't use and perhaps only ever used once. The only one that has survived to be used regularly since launch is Facebook for me.

My point is this time I am not going to blow a load on shiny new apps just because they are there and should be the best that developers can come up with so I think I need it. This time I will look, think about it, and I will probably save myself £0.59.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.