Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quantim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2023
Hi everyone,

I am trying to get Apple Thunderbolt Display work with Asus Z690-P motherboard. I have installed Asus ThunderboltEx3-TR and drivers. I first plugged in miniDP in miniDP_1 and DP into my 3070 founders graphic card and Thunderbolt display cable connected with Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 cable and inserted into type C port. I don't see any approve request in thunderbolt control panel and neither thunderbolt display is showing me any sign of the display.

I can confirm thunderbolt display is working as I connected with my iMac.

Any idea how to get this damn display on? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
There’s a huge thread all about connecting the Studio Display to a PC in the accessories sub forum. Even if this warranted a new thread, it’s in the wrong place.

quantim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2023
Thanks Feek for your reply. I am new to forum so apologize if it's not the right place to post. My question is related to Apple Thunderbolt display not the Apple Studio.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
For the Thunderbolt Display and connecting it to a PC, there's a major process involved, and it may not be possible depending on your hardware configuration. A Google search will bring up several old threads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.