Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclamb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2002
Northern California
I've recently aquired a cube and love it.
How do I get dual video on it?
What other video card can be made to work in the cube to give dual video?

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Check out the FAQ at Cubeowner
You can get dual VGA with a Promax card or a 7500 (i think) or an 8500 (if you really like to take risks and have the money to repair it in case it fails) but dual VGA is all you're going to get without some serious mods.
:)

kiwi_the_iwik

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2001
London, UK
Other options...

You can also put in a GeForce 2MX TwinView card - it's cooler than the faster cards, and gives you an ADC connector and a VGA connector.

Other cards that fit the Cube are the GeForce 3 and the Radeon 7500 - I believe that the 7500 Mac Edition does have dual monitor support, unlike the GF3 (which is better than a GF4MX in many cases - and is why they are rarely seen on eBay...). Just to be sure, though, check out http://www.cube-zone.com for a complete list of viable cards for your new arrival...

Welcome to the Cube Club!

:D

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
I had a Cube with the stock video card and it had an ADC out and a VGA out. I had 2 monitors going at once with no problem. Are you trying to use 2 ADCs at once? What connections do you see?

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Originally posted by maclamb
I have a 15" Apple ADC and a 21" Viewsonice VGA connected at once and both do not work together.

that's strange. are you sure you are in extended desktop mode? did you check your settings? these may be silly questions. i never had a problem with a 15" Apple LCD and a 15" KDS, either with extended desktop or mirroring. i'm afraid i can't help you beyond the basics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.