Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helppleasseeee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
Downloaded Yosemite yesterday and have had problems since..
Brand new MacBook Pro
Every other time I turn on my MBP it freezes at the login screen.
Wifi issues, disconnects a lot.
Tends to freeze from time to time and everything seems slower.

Ive tried to repair the disk and the disk permissions, that didn't really seem to help. Downloaded Yosemite again from the App Store and re-installed it, that didn't help.

tried to go to OS X Utilities and "reinstall OS X" but the first time it said it couldn't verify the macbook, and the 2nd time it wouldn't even connect to Wifi (no ethernet port).

At this point I just want my MBP back to factory settings. Help?!

helppleasseeee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
If you still have the installer you could use a usb stick, I think there's a console command for it.

don't have the installer since it came preloaded- it's also no longer in the App Store..

Is this a MacBook specific problem or a Yosemite problem?

thewap

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2012
don't have the installer since it came preloaded- it's also no longer in the App Store..

Is this a MacBook specific problem or a Yosemite problem?

Yosemite is on apple.com -mac tab- select Yosemite (upgrade) to the download.

Can you connect by hardwire to your modem? (ethernet) to reload Yosemite

. First You might also try re-setting pram and SMC while rebooting. If you get the *restore or utilities* on reboot, select volume to reboot on (your HD) and continue to boot up. See if that does anything.

When I first installed Yosemite on my macbook pro mid 2009, the system would freeze on shutdown, and bluetooth got bonked (disappeared). I had backed up my HD on an external bootable drive (using super duper) , so I used the external drive to re-boot on and restored the pro back to mavericks, then reset smc (another re-boot) and bluetooth was fixed, then fixed permissions and re-booted again.

Then I hard wired the pro to my modem and reloaded Yosemite via the apple website- all clear now and stable on Yosemite (although running a little hot with fans 600-800rpms faster than on Mavericks).

Last edited:

nbnbxdnb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
How do I reinstall the OS X if it wont connect to wifi?

If u want to go back to 10.9, u can restore from local TM hd.
If u want to reinstall 10.10 and can't connect to network, u will need ask for a favor from your friends, whoever can download the installer from app store and create a bootable usb installer. Though I don't see much point in reinstallation. It's only going to reinstall the system files of OS X and stock apps. There is a good chance that you will just have more or less the same bugs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.