Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthonyly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
Hello, I am a new user of this forum seeking to find the best answer to my question

So I am a Grade 11 student, and I want to buy a mac for grade 12/ University
I don't need one for grade 12 I can get one if it's recommended but i do need one for university..

Should i be getting one for my grade 12 year ( Probably on black Friday or something) or wait till the summer of uni to get one? I've seen all this talk about this skylake processor and some other one but i really don't understand what is the big deal

anthonyly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
I want to go into marketing... so i'm gonna assume all i need is microsoft office, and the 13" screen but i want it to last me a few years!

ChewbaccaMac

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2015
Scotland
Windows Laptop would do that easily for a fraction of the cost. If you have the cash go for it. Nothing is different on the mac version of office. Macbooks do last a while though from what ive seen online. I have just picked one up, but im studying Web design and development and photography. So macbooks are perfect for it with the retina screen and great keyboard. If you have the cash i would certainly pick up a macbook pro. But if you're a little tight for cash which i know what its like being in student debt lol then i would go for a windows based laptop.

anthonyly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
Windows Laptop would do that easily for a fraction of the cost. If you have the cash go for it. Nothing is different on the mac version of office. Macbooks do last a while though from what ive seen online. I have just picked one up, but im studying Web design and development and photography. So macbooks are perfect for it with the retina screen and great keyboard. If you have the cash i would certainly pick up a macbook pro. But if you're a little tight for cash which i know what its like being in student debt lol then i would go for a windows based laptop.

ahah i like the os and don't really know much about making win laptops to mac os...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.