Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Maybe it's just me. I use Hulu Plus a lot since I've cut the cord going on 8 months now. We moved last Oct and I never bothered with a new Dish or getting cable.

What I noticed that ever since the update of the AppleTV and the Hulu redesign is that there are a lot more advertisements including ad breaks that contain 3 ads. I believe the max was 2 previously and often time it would glitch out and be playing the program while counting down an ad.

I'm getting the vibe that this will become a trend... more and more ads on Hulu as time goes on.

Has anyone else noticed that Hulu Plus is showing more ads?

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Yes. Less reason to watch. My wife doesn't mind some ads. I do. So our Hulu account is more for her.

Pinkie Pie

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2012
Los Angeles
I canceled my Hulu Plus account months ago because the ads were unbearable (3 ads for not even 10 minutes of show, iirc). How many more could they possibly pack in there?! :eek:

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
That's the main reason I don't pay for Hulu plus and just use the free version on my computer. Plus I know other sites I can use for free with out ads. If I was going to pay I would want no ads not the same amount as the free version. Lol

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Luckily I don't pay for mine. I piggyback off of my sister's account.
For content like WWE it's not bad but man those ads piss me off.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
You can apparently jailbreak it and you can set the ads to "0" so none will play. It's only available on the AppleTV2 though, and not the 3.

I'm considering doing it, although I don't watch Hulu that much....however I too am considering cutting the cord on Directv, in which case I'd really use it a lot and commercials would annoy the living hell out of me.

kumquat

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2011
There are no ads on the Criterion Collection films which are the only things worth watching on Hulu and worth far more than 8 bucks a month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.