Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Starting today, when watching Hulu through the Hulu website, Hulu users will be able to use a new Night Mode feature that turns the interface a dark shade.

Hulu's new Night Mode options come just ahead of Halloween and are ideal for the streaming service's Halloween-related content, and it's also a feature that matches well with the Dark Mode introduced in Apple's macOS Mojave update.

hulunightmode-800x510.jpg

According to Hulu, the Night Mode feature can cut down on eye strain and glare when watching content on a desktop machine via a browser.

Hulu subscribers can enable Night Mode by clicking on their profile icon at the top of the website and selecting the new "Night Mode" option from the dropdown menu.

Night Mode is rolling out today and while it's not yet available for all users on the desktop, it should be coming soon.

Article Link: Hulu Gains Support for Night Mode on the Web

GubbyMan

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2011
It would be nice if websites could check if I had dark mode on or off on my Mac. I currently use dark/night mode on websites like YouTube, Reddit and Twitter but I want them to switch back to light mode when I change that setting in Mojave.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
It would be nice if websites could check if I had dark mode on or off on my Mac. I currently use dark/night mode on websites like YouTube, Reddit and Twitter but I want them to switch back to light mode when I change that setting in Mojave.

Yeah. I just implemented dark mode for a webapp I'm writing. I'm surprised/disappointed that there's no way for websites to see if night mode is activated or not.

In the future, I might try looking up your current location, then calculating if the sun is up there or not to decide on whether it's in dark mode or not. For now, it's just a simple toggle the user has to manually use... maybe sometime soon I'll automatically switch between the two at 6 AM and 6 PM, but that won't work well away from the equator away from the equinox...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.