Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hasek3139

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
I received quite a few visa gift cards for my birthday and want to buy one of the new iPads. but I was wondering which would have a better resale value the 64gb WIFI or the 32gb LTE.

any input would be helpful

thanks

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Traditionally, the lower priced units retained a greater percentage of their resale value, while the more premium ones are relative money losers.

I suppose the rationale is that consumers who buy the higher end models would rather have the new models.

People who buy used or discontinued iPads tend to be more price rather than feature or value conscious, and would rather buy 'an iPad' as cheaply as possible, even though you could make an argument that a used 64 gb 3G iPad2 at $600 is a better value than a 16 gb wifi at $400.

hasek3139

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Traditionally, the lower priced units retained a greater percentage of their resale value, while the more premium ones are relative money losers.

I suppose the rationale is that consumers who buy the higher end models would rather have the new models.

People who buy used or discontinued iPads tend to be more price rather than feature or value conscious, and would rather buy 'an iPad' as cheaply as possible, even though you could make an argument that a used 64 gb 3G iPad2 at $600 is a better value than a 16 gb wifi at $400.

so are you saying the 64gb wifi would get a higher re sale value then the 32gb let?

falcora

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2011
I'd imagine the resale on those two models would be about equal. It just depends on whether you would use the 4G, or whether more space is important to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.