Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grandM

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Am I wrong or not? It's a question I keep asking myself. The 7+ 256 was sold at 850 euro. The 8+ 64 is being sold at 899 euro.

It was a fast deal so I jumped on it. Nevertheless I keep wondering if I shouldn't have bought the 8 instead. Your insights?

Reactions: apolloa

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
That’s still a fine device with years of iOS compatibility left. Plus, you’ve got a ton of storage. Not a bad purchase at all-enjoy your new phone!

Reactions: matthew.ochs.90

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Am I wrong or not? It's a question I keep asking myself. The 7+ 256 was sold at 850 euro. The 8+ 64 is being sold at 899 euro.

It was a fast deal so I jumped on it. Nevertheless I keep wondering if I shouldn't have bought the 8 instead. Your insights?

I am going from my 6S non Plus to the 7 Plus, I’ve been umming and arring for ages over which phone to get, but at the end of the day here in the UK all the new flagships this year are stupidly priced, I couldn’t justify to myself spending over £800 after selling my old phone for the X or 8 Plus, I will be getting the 128GB 7 Plus for nearly half that!!

If I bought the 245gb X, it would cost nearly double what my iPad Pro did! I know I’ll feel stupid about that.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
What do you need that much local storage for? Just curious...

Not OP, but I thought I'd be fine going 128GB last year and I've been handling a near-full phone these past few months - I'm pumped for 256GB this year.

The high storage phones to me are simple - you pretty much never have to worry about managing the storage over the entire life of the phone. My iMessage stored previous messages is 45GB alone, but this allows me to quickly look up past information or attachments anytime, instantly. I consider this a crucial function of messages - though they're apparently changing the way this works soon. I'm a cinematographer and photographer, so I often airdrop rough cuts of videos to my phone for reviewing and leave them on there throughout the rest of the project. 128GB this year has been enough for me to dump photos to using the SD adapter and airdrop a full year's worth of rough / final edits of jobs without deleting anything, although now I'm hitting a wall. For a content creator or someone who otherwise doesn't want to worry or be bothered with managing storage, losing your camera roll or archived messages, the high storage models are awesome.

I don't watch any shows or movies locally and have a ~5GB offline cache on Spotify, so almost zero of that type of content on my device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.