Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
I was able to find my tracking number a few days ago and I’ve been following my phone on it’s way here from China, but the last entry in the tracking log a departure from anchorage, AK at 4:30PM yesterday. That was more than 24 hours ago, so it seems like that’s plenty of time for it to get to wherever it’s going next.

I’m not worried yet, but I will be happier when I finally see an arrival logged.

Reactions: antnee

stooyleown

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2017
philadelphia, pa
I was able to find my tracking number a few days ago and I’ve been following my phone on it’s way here from China, but the last entry in the tracking log a departure from anchorage, AK at 4:30PM yesterday. That was more than 24 hours ago, so it seems like that’s plenty of time for it to get to wherever it’s going next.

I’m not worried yet, but I will be happier when I finally see an arrival logged.

Pretty sure it’s sitting in ky right now waiting for other flight. Check the Apple.com order thread.

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon

Completely normal, many people have the 4:30pm departure from AK! Patience!

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
One thing that I miss out on doing an in-store pick up. Tracking the package. Fun times.

bueller1

Suspended
Jun 13, 2012
Pretty sure this forum is over saturated with the same sh*t every year lol. Panicking because shipping updates suddenly come to a halt 3 days prior to delivery! Take a nap. Get some work done. Go to the gym. Make sweet love to your woman. Phone will be here on Friday if it's supposed to.

qwerty1202

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014

its probably in customs in Kentucky

morecowbell

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
It's very cold in Alaska.

Not a joke. The cold temps can make the metal contract quickly. I always do a metal break-in gradually by keeping my phone in a climate controlled box at night. I start night 1 at 70 degrees. Night two 68 degrees. Night 3, 72 degrees. Night 4, 66 degrees, night 5, 74 degrees. Night 6, 64 degrees....and so on and so forth. That is the proper way to do so.

I called apple customer service and told them if my phone passes through Alaska I would cancel and reorder. They didn't try to argue with me, so it leads me to believe that skipping proper temp break-in is a known flaw in apple's process.

antnee

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2014

You are not getting any phones! 2 is more than enough!

syncopy

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2016
Mine left AK less than an hour ago. Pretty sure it was the last launch day shipment from China. All of the phones in KY will be flown out on Thursday to your local airport for delivery on Friday.

Rob198612

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
Not a joke. The cold temps can make the metal contract quickly. I always do a metal break-in gradually by keeping my phone in a climate controlled box at night. I start night 1 at 70 degrees. Night two 68 degrees. Night 3, 72 degrees. Night 4, 66 degrees, night 5, 74 degrees. Night 6, 64 degrees....and so on and so forth. That is the proper way to do so.

I called apple customer service and told them if my phone passes through Alaska I would cancel and reorder. They didn't try to argue with me, so it leads me to believe that skipping proper temp break-in is a known flaw in apple's process.

don't all iPhones pass through Alaska?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere

lol, I'm assuming this is a joke?

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
It is not cold at all--My thermometer says its 32 degrees, almost summer still. But still foggy as heck and getting worse by the minute
I thought Tuesday was bad. Pea soup all day Wednesday in the valley. Worse than notoriously foggy Spokane, WA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.