Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killa k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
On my 4, can I still get my pictures back? The phone is jailbroken.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
On windows based computers when you plug in your phone it should give you the option to enter the device as a hard drive and pull the pics off. I don't PW lock my phones so not sure if that affects it but I don't see why it would. Give it a shot.

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Have you synced the phone with a computer before? If you use the same computer you can do a backup and restore to bypass the password.

The New iPad

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2012
Nope. Apple isn't stupid. You can't pull pics off in Explorer until you enter the passcode and the phone is unlocked either. Maybe if it's a computer you used while the phone was unlocked in the past.

Good for Apple to do this so creepers can't just take someone's password protected iPhone and just look at their pictures. OP

Killa k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
I have the computer I use, but recently I went on holiday and haven't backed up the current photos, which I don't want to loose.

Killa k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
what is this? Can k download it from anywhere, I've been told If the phone is jailbroken, there is a way I can access the pics.

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
I have the computer I use, but recently I went on holiday and haven't backed up the current photos, which I don't want to loose.

If you have the computer that you backed up with before then you can do a backup again. That way you won't lose anything. A computer that did not backup the phone before would be stopped by the passcode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.