Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I don't want my girlfriend knowing i'm cheating on her with 3 swedish stunners. Nor do I want my little 5 year old sibling to wander into my photos app and see pictures of my various sexual encounters. Nor do I wish any one of my family members, when borrwing my iPad to sneak into my iMessages, or FaceBook app to see messages, or various other personal apps such as Gmail.

Truth is, my iPad is frequently handled by various friends and family.

My iPhone is more rarely handled by others but it does happen weekly.

I need an iOS 7 solution that allows me to lock individual apps, and at the very least doesn't allow access to certain apps while people ask me if they can borrow my phone. Yes this happens weekly.

It happens on iPhone usually on weekends at gatherings and someone wants to check something online w/ my phone and then disappears for an hour or so. On my iPad, this happens daily considering I have an iPad car mount and whoever is in the passenger seat has full access to this device while I'm driving out and about and hope they would stick to the music app.

ALL help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
There isn't an option... unless you jailbreak it. You have two options:

1) Stop letting people use it
2) Find and use apps that password protect your data and store your files in there. There's a plethora of apps for hiding photos/videos and even password-protected chat apps.

If you actually ARE cheating and are looking for advice to conceal it, then I kindly urge you to go die in a fire. If not, I hope I helped.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
There isn't an option... unless you jailbreak it. You have two options:

1) Stop letting people use it
2) Find and use apps that password protect your data and store your files in there. There's a plethora of apps for hiding photos/videos and even password-protected chat apps.

If you actually ARE cheating and are looking for advice to conceal it, then I kindly urge you to go die in a fire. If not, I hope I helped.

Of course I'm jailbroken. I wouldn't be posting here otherwise.

1) I will continue to let ppl using my iOS devices. As mentioned above, my ipad is used almost daily by either a sibling wanting to play games (and eventually deviate to photos app), or co-workers who ride shotgun and can use my ipad in its car mount and easily devieate from the Bluetooth music app...

As for iPhone, this happens more in public settings when ppl ask to borrow my phone for a plethora of reasons and then disappear for a while to the other side of the party/house/bar/club/etc.

2) I came here asking for just that; a solution in password protecting my apps. I'm running ios 7 on an iPhone 4S.

Oh, and don't worry, if I ever cheat on my girlfriends I always let them know beforehand. I hate lying to them, sincerely.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
I Need an iOS 7 Solution to Lock Individual Apps (For Both iPhone & iPad)

Lockdown Pro or iAppLock should do what you're looking for. The first is a dollar and the latter is free.

matl0ck

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2014
lol or you could just set up a few restrictions, settings > general > restrictions. But alas even that is breakable if your jailbroken and whoever is trying to break it has any knowledge of Unix Linux systems Perl scripting and can search Google or just look at the top of this forum... :)

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
LockDown Pro is fantastic! Thank you!
Glad you like it. :)

lol or you could just set up a few restrictions, settings > general > restrictions. But alas even that is breakable if your jailbroken and whoever is trying to break it has any knowledge of Unix Linux systems Perl scripting and can search Google or just look at the top of this forum... :)
Yes, I'm sure the likelihood is quite high that a person borrowing his phone for a phone call will have a rich history in UNIX programming with ill intent...

matl0ck

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2014
Glad you like it. :)

Yes, I'm sure the likelihood is quite high that a person borrowing his phone for a phone call will have a rich history in UNIX programming with ill intent...

Yea the odds are low but it is possible

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.