Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have the same issue?

• Total voters

AppleFreak2299

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2013
The problem is that I have two displays on my desktop. I have one that I face towards, and one to the left that is angled to me. The one directly in front of me (obviously) is my main display. I want to have my dock on the left side of that display, but it jumps to the far left display.

Is there any way possible through the terminal or something that would prevent this from happening, or do I have to keep it at the right (which I do not prefer).

Thanks very much for any help!

Superhai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
Check your screen organization in System Preferences. If you move the screen to the other side, the dock moves as well. But that might not be what you want mouse-wise.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
If you have an app in fullscreen mode, and you want to pull up your dock, wouldn't your cursor pass to the other display once dragged to the left of the screen?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Can you drag the menu bar from one monitor to the other and does that affect on which screen the dock is displayed?

UPDATE: I just tested it, but it does not make a difference.

Last edited:

Superhai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
Can you drag the menu bar from one monitor to the other and does that affect on which screen the dock is displayed?
It works only for the menu bar. I am not sure if it is a bug or a feature, but the menubar does show on both monitors for me anyway. As well as the dock will move to the other monitor, but only if it is at the bottom - not on the sides.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.