Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aljosa.k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2016
Hi,

could someone explain if it is possible to delete own iCloud account from iPhone 6s, but:

- i forgot a password in order sign in apple ID
- i forgot answers to secret questions in order to sign in apple ID
- i forgot password to "restore password" e-mail

It is a mess, I know. Does any kind of apple support provides factory reset and delete all data, including iCloud account? I still have original invoice as guarantee of ownership - iPhone serial and my personal data is included in contract from mobile provider.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best, AK

iPhone 6s
9.3.2 (13F69)

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
You'll have to buy a new iPhone and start over with a new AppleID. That iPhone is toast thanks to activation lock. Maybe someday you'll remember the password to the iCloud account. Until then, consider this an expensive lesson in password management.

Last edited:

DetTigers

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Hi,

could someone explain if it is possible to delete own iCloud account from iPhone 6s, but:

- i forgot a password in order sign in apple ID
- i forgot answers to secret questions in order to sign in apple ID
- i forgot password to "restore password" e-mail

It is a mess, I know. Does any kind of apple support provides factory reset and delete all data, including iCloud account? I still have original invoice as guarantee of ownership - iPhone serial and my personal data is included in contract from mobile provider.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best, AK

iPhone 6s
9.3.2 (13F69)

So let me get this straight- you forgot your password, forgot the answers to the secret questions which you picked and also forgot the password to your alternate email account? RIIIIGGGHHHTT......

Reactions: chabig

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
So let me get this straight- you forgot your password, forgot the answers to the secret questions which you picked and also forgot the password to your alternate email account? RIIIIGGGHHHTT......
Yes. Seeing that he just joined MacRumors today, I bet he'll forget his MR credentials by tomorrow too.

aljosa.k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2016
Well, it was easier to explain in 1st person perspective. Iphone belongs to my quite old father and he is a protagonist in this tragicomic situation.. Yeah I was afraid that apple support does not provide any kind of unlock in this situation.

Thank you for respond.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
If you take an activation locked device to Apple with a true proof of purchase receipt they can remove it for you.
I don't believe that is correct. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365

"If you forget your password, you can reset it at your Apple ID account page or you can contact Apple Support and verify your identity. If you forget your password and can't reset it, you'll lose access to your Apple ID and might be unable to use or reactivate your device."

Proof of purchase alone shouldn't be sufficient. Just because you may be the original purchaser, Apple has no way of tracking ownership post sale. I think they will want you to prove association with the linked AppleID, which is going to be tough to do without answers to the security questions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.