iCloud music library without Music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by MrTazz, Jun 18, 2016.

1. MrTazz macrumors member

MrTazz

Hello
    Can I have/use iCloud music library without paying an Music subscription?
    I would like to be able to still access my own music library which I have stored on my PC with iTunes. Am I able to do this? If not is there any other way to play music via my iphone without it being stored on it!!

2. Tech198 macrumors G4

icloud music library is really only a paying service for streaming your music, not for listening only on one mac..

3. Rigby macrumors 601

You can subscribe to iTunes Match, which is essentially iCloud Music Library without a music subscription (and significantly cheaper than Apple Music).

4. doolittle27 macrumors member

doolittle27

As mentioned above, iTunes Match is the best choice to make your iTunes library on your computer available across device(s). Broke up with Apple Music months ago, and keep the Match so that I can enjoy my music on the go.

Here's a link; http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/

5. MrTazz thread starter macrumors member

MrTazz

Thanks for that I will be looking into iTunes Match, sounds a lot better and cheaper

6. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

Itunes match allows you to put your entire music library , up to 100000 songs to the cloud
    Itunes match will let you upgrade your older music to iTunes Store retail copies
    Even if you just have mp3s.
    Itunes match will let you upgrade past purchases to DRM free itunes plus music

Whatever music you traded in , is yours to keep if you cancel iTunes Match.

Apple Music is these things, plus they let you download music they selected to add to your library
    Apple music gives you itunes radio

Apple Music tracks are no longer playable once you cancel Apple Music