Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrTazz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2015
Hello
Can I have/use iCloud music library without paying an Music subscription?
I would like to be able to still access my own music library which I have stored on my PC with iTunes. Am I able to do this? If not is there any other way to play music via my iphone without it being stored on it!!

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
icloud music library is really only a paying service for streaming your music, not for listening only on one mac..

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Can I have/use iCloud music library without paying an Music subscription?
I would like to be able to still access my own music library which I have stored on my PC with iTunes. Am I able to do this? If not is there any other way to play music via my iphone without it being stored on it!!
You can subscribe to iTunes Match, which is essentially iCloud Music Library without a music subscription (and significantly cheaper than Apple Music).

Reactions: MrTazz

MrTazz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2015
Thanks for that I will be looking into iTunes Match, sounds a lot better and cheaper

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
Itunes match allows you to put your entire music library , up to 100000 songs to the cloud
Itunes match will let you upgrade your older music to iTunes Store retail copies
Even if you just have mp3s.
Itunes match will let you upgrade past purchases to DRM free itunes plus music

Whatever music you traded in , is yours to keep if you cancel iTunes Match.

Apple Music is these things, plus they let you download music they selected to add to your library
Apple music gives you itunes radio

Apple Music tracks are no longer playable once you cancel Apple Music

Reactions: MrTazz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.