Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hi.

I have iCloud enabled both on my MacBook Air and iPhone 4. When I add a new entry to the Address Book on Mac, how soon can I expect the new entry to show up on icloud.com and my iPhone 4? I added one about 10 minutes ago, and it still does not show up on either. I was hoping the sync to be more instant. Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
It should be like 30 seconds. There's something going on with your setup.

I think I'm closer to finding what's going on. What I did on Mac was not adding a new entry, but added an existing entry to a new category. More concretely, I added a restaurant contact info to the Address Book (under "All Contacts"). That showed up correctly on iCloud. Now on the Address Book, I added that entry to my "Restaurant" category. That part was not synced to iCloud.

I removed the entry and re-created it on Mac, this time directly under "Restaurant." That showed up correctly both on iCloud and my iPhone.

I'll play with it a bit more to see if adding an existing entry to a new category always causes this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.