Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Just watch who you flame and where.

We do have a bit of an old boy's club going and we've been discussing this stuff for quite a while so if you disagree KEEP IT HUMBLE.

Or you may wind up on the Pie List.:D

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
processor #'s . . . and an avatar! Interesting...

That makes me wonder, for those who do not have 500 posts, what would your dream avatar be like? I have two choices:

An all time high in iPod Breakout (if I can beat 1505 set by someone else)

A picture of my dad's corvette

Any time is a great time for iPod.

iH8Quark

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2002
Big Shoulders
Re: Just watch who you flame and where.

Originally posted by mischief
We do have a bit of an old boy's club going and we've been discussing this stuff for quite a while so if you disagree KEEP IT HUMBLE.

Or you may wind up on the Pie List.:D

Thanks for the heads-up!

(nice avatar, btw)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by mymemory
I'm about to reach the 500 posts, so I can place my favorite icon under my nick name.:)

So hurry up, I want to see what sort of color you're going to bring to the board.

When I first started coming here, there were only about 5 people who had 'tars. Right now we have 18 people who can do it, although not everyone does. Its amazing how it changes the look and feel of the threads.:D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by dukestreet
When I first started coming here, there were only about 5 people who had 'tars. Right now we have 18 people who can do it, although not everyone does. Its amazing how it changes the look and feel of the threads.:D

damn...u came around right after I got mine...I was #1 with an avatar...it took a couple months for it to catch on...I got a lot of sh*t for my first avatar...the kewpie baby for those who remember... ;)

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Hey Dukestreet!

Would you mind sending me your resume through the E-mail adress I posted in Jeff's resume thread? If you've ever wanted to do games I'll want to keep you in mind.:D

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
Welcome IH8QUARK

welcome hope you stay for a while. the condition here was about the same as when Dukestreet joined yet I'm still at a measly 100 something. Hmm maybe I should post more. :\
BTW- what does IH8Quark me (startrek quark?) or just a random hate of all quarks :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Its not up to date, but its something for now. I've got a lot more stuff I haven't even put on my online portfolio.

What sort of game work are you thinking about?

iH8Quark

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2002
Big Shoulders
Re: Welcome IH8QUARK

Originally posted by spuncan
welcome hope you stay for a while. the condition here was about the same as when Dukestreet joined yet I'm still at a measly 100 something. Hmm maybe I should post more. :\
BTW- what does IH8Quark me (startrek quark?) or just a random hate of all quarks :)

You know, it actually refers to Quark XPress. I really have a terrible dislike for that program (years of having to suffer with it...then I switched to InDesign).

But It's not a very happy name, and I don't much think it's very perky. I wish I could change it. I didn't plan on staying when I signed up, but I like you fine folks! :D

I rather like the name pimentoLoaf. Much better than mine. ;)

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Online RPG.........server based.

But using an Unreal Engine.

If you ever got into Paper and Dice RPG's you'd love the concept. There'll be lots of Bryce, Poser, Lightwave, etc.

I figured out how to do a very realistic virtual world.:D

I need some Code jockeys and Animators though so I'm compiling a list of Resumes for this and two other projects.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.