Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Astridca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Hi, I hope somebody could tell me what does it means this error 4MOT/4/40000003: HDD-1352?? I have it in the Hardware test

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
error 4MOT/4/40000003: HDD-1352??

Probably your hard disk drive is failing -a wild guess based on the "HDD" in the error code. Or the fans blowing over HDD. What does "Smart Status" show in System Profiler for that disk drive?

Astridca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
The Smart with errors, but what exactly could be? I read in the forum someone that say about fan error, what could exactly mean the 1352? :( :(

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
The Smart with errors, but what exactly could be? I read in the forum someone that say about fan error, what could exactly mean the 1352? :( :(

Could be a failing hard drive or failing fan. Is your iMac under warranty? (probably not as it is a Core Duo).

Any case unless you are comfortable trying to replace the drive yourself it would be better to take it to nearest Apple service center. I think older iMac disk drives are easy to replace - see some online videos of the process and if you feel comfortable try it out. Disk drives are relatively cheap so might not be a bad deal. Remember to backup soon.

Astridca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks, yes I already backup. And Iwill remplace the HDD with a WD Black Caviar, but I have to found some place that sell it with a good price. Here in Mexico is kind of extensive. But I have the hope that it could be more a fan issue, but I still can't find what exactly is.

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
Thanks, yes I already backup. And Iwill remplace the HDD with a WD Black Caviar, but I have to found some place that sell it with a good price. Here in Mexico is kind of extensive. But I have the hope that it could be more a fan issue, but I still can't find what exactly is.

Yeah, could be the fan. Someone else with similar (1353) code had to get the fan replaced to fix that error.

If you have a spare hdd try it out and see - if that doesn't fix it it's the fan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.