Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sultanoflondon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2013
Hi all,

I was wondering whether it would be possible for me to incorporate WhatsApp into Messages. For instance, if I were to send a text on Messages to someone on WhatsApp, could it automatically send it via WhatsApp, providing there is a good internet connection, app is functioning, etc.?

Thanks!

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
There's no way you can do that right now.

You can only send a text message or iMessage via the standard Messages app.

All other communication has to be done via it's respective app.

Shuri

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2011
Fortunately not !

Why is that good? I would love to let siri read out whatsapp messages to me while driving or to let her text someone over whatsapp.

Making a messaging API would be one way, another (and a better one I admit) would be a Siri SDK.

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
Not ever going to happen. You'd have more luck trying to tell your friends not to use WhatsApp. iMessage is free and integrated.

As much as you may love Apple and only imagine people only using iDevices, you do realize that not everyone uses an iPhone?

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
And then what next? Let BBM, Line, Wechat, Line, Viber, Tango, etc.... all be incorporated in messages...

Thank God, it will never happen.....

TonyYYZ

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2014
Toronto, Canada
And then what next? Let BBM, Line, Wechat, Line, Viber, Tango, etc.... all be incorporated in messages...

Thank God, it will never happen.....

Why not? BlackBerry OS & BlackBerry 10 both give you full control of the unified inbox. You are able to select what apps are able to have their messages shown in the main messages app. Regardless of BB's reputation now, they still hold the record for the best unified inbox out there.

Giving the user the option to customize is better than no control at all.

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Why not? BlackBerry OS & BlackBerry 10 both give you full control of the unified inbox. You are able to select what apps are able to have their messages shown in the main messages app. Regardless of BB's reputation now, they still hold the record for the best unified inbox out there.

Giving the user the option to customize is better than no control at all.

True that......

iApril

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2014
personally I would like to have everything in one app - if blackberry can do it, why can't apple?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.