Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Instagram this week announced that users can now add photos or videos that are more than 24 hours old to Stories.

instagram-stories-camera-roll-800x684.jpg

Instagram removing the 24-hour limitation reflects a continued assault on Snapchat, which should come as no surprise given Instagram has essentially been copying Snapchat for well over a year.

Just like you normally would, swipe up from the camera to open your Camera Roll or tap the gallery icon. Scroll to choose your photo or video, and tap to select what you want to share to your story, which still disappears after 24 hours itself.

If you choose a photo or video that's more than 24 hours old, you'll automatically see a new sticker that helps you add context for when it was taken. The sticker can be rotated, resized, or removed as usual.

The updated version of Instagram is available now on the App Store [Direct Link].

Article Link: You Can Now Add Photos or Videos More Than 24 Hours Old to Your Instagram Stories

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
Catch up to Snapchat? Instagram passed them long ago. Snapchat growth has stopped (which is why their stock dropped 20% this week) and Instagram keeps growing.

snapchat_vs_instagram_stories_01.png

Reactions: Mizouse

Mizouse

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2014
You couldn't do this before?

Hmm I'm pretty sure Ive added pictures older than 24hrs to my IG story. :-/

I prefer the way IG does pictures added to your story. I dislike the Snapchat "added from camera roll" white border thing when you add a picture.

Reactions: michael31986

ovo6

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2015
snapchat said they redesigning the app i think they gonna changed the app completely and turn it into a social network full around like facebook and instagram

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.