Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
Hello,

I’m trying to install iTunes version with the App Store. I have followed the online guides and have downloaded version 12.6.5 and version 12.6.3 from Apple but neither version will install. It says it a incompatible with the version of Mac osx. I have tried installing on Mavericks, El Capitan and high Sierra but none work. I have tried installing from old version of iTunes and newer versions... it makes no difference.

I booted up an old Mac running El Capitan which has iTunes 12.3 and it has the iTunes App Store included but whenever I press to download an app it shows progress bar which immediately disappears and no download occurs. it just shows the download button again. Not sure if the iTunes App Store is not broken or whether an issue with my particular install. Can anyone confirm whether it still works?

Also any ideas how to get this working?

Many thanks

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 3, 2014
The thing is I can access the App Store from the old iTunes and search for apps but when I try and download it just does not download. Apps are added to my purchased list still.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Reactions: bmac89
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.