iOS 12.1 Beta 5 ― Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Banglazed, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. uniquexoxo macrumors regular

uniquexoxo

2. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

iOS 12.1 beta has been complete **** on my 7 Plus.

3. Cinimod1000 macrumors newbie

Does anybody have their XS in an Apple Folio case? When you close the flap it should turn off the screen. Mine is not shutting off the screen on b5. But I just got the case so I don’t know if it is the phone or the beta OS that is at fault. It works fine on my wife’s X, which is on 12.0.1 release, so I know it is not the case....

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

That may be a purely cosmetic change, though.

5. vtboyarc macrumors 6502a

vtboyarc

I’d be curious to hear some feedback about this also!

6. cmaier Suspended

Try waving a magnet around the right side of your screen and see if it turns off.

7. vickysud macrumors member

Spoke too soon, back to 1 bar.

8. roncron macrumors 6502

roncron

I don’t but maybe this might help.

There might be a setting for it. On iPad, there is a “lock / unlock” toggle in display & brightness settings that determines whether closing the case turns off the display.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 22, 2018 ---
    Thanks for posting these results.

Your LTE down and up is better, and your WiFi up is better.

I wonder if these improvements are due to beta 5?

9. Sinonson81 macrumors member

Sinonson81

Same with Downloaded movies in the iOS tv app I got a bunch Dow loaded movies if auto brightness is on the movies studders like crazy I got a phone swap for top speaker issue and the new phone does it as well has to be software the video judder loss of frame rate with auto brightness is on happens on a lot of videos shot in 24p mostly its nerve wrecking to say the least same thing ur talking about happens on Netflix and tv app movies it’s has a frame rate problem but if u turn off auto brightness it’s snook as butter mostly strange

10. TimFL1 macrumors 6502

Are you sure it‘s the FPS and not just OLED smearing due to barely lit pixels? Same effect as in e.g. dark mode apps (with pure black colors)?

11. Sinonson81 macrumors member

Sinonson81

It’s fran
    yea it can’t be normal it looks like everything g goes into slow motion or smtg for a few mins but it don’t happen if auto brightness is off

12. Natya Sadella macrumors 6502a

Finally we can install betas without plugged in/50% battery.

13. PatrikCoC macrumors member

PatrikCoC

I am 10000% sure. Plus it gets smooth when I start screen record.

14. Brandonlowsk macrumors newbie

15. kurus macrumors newbie

Do you have the impression that the battery flies much faster? I have 6s

16. aakshey macrumors 68000

aakshey

Pretty bad imo.

17. Mr$tone macrumors 6502

I honestly can’t believe how people—year after year, day after day—keep talking about this subject!

Do you expect your car to drive from CA to NY without fueling it up once in a while?

Where’s your charger? Use it!

18. DimaVR macrumors regular

DimaVR

I have XS MAX T-MOBILE and I have to use WiFi 5 G for WiFi calls LTE breaks up 1 BAR, I live in a major city no to LTE issues when I pop my sim into my old android phone my LTE is 5 bars you know. So no still LTE issue due to either software or this new intel modem they using I don’t know ‍♂️. I think my battery life is fine, I’m a big Fan or Edge Browser on IOS I know strange right, that is the only browser where I can be on my cell phone for 3 hours at a time using the web and not kill my phone every other browser I used chrome, FF, iOS browser etc etc all suck with battery life.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 23, 2018 ---

Also I never had hidden message for SSID before on my WiFi and my SSID hd always been hidden! First time after beta upgrade do I see this.

Attached Files:

19. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Seems like the discussion isn't really about being able to charge but how long the device can go between charges.

If we are using car analogies, it's one thing to need to get gas here and there when going from CA to NY, but it's another thing to need it very often, and more often than before on similar if not the same trip.

20. Natya Sadella macrumors 6502a

51E874F5-C93C-44E6-9761-FF46E9A4736F.jpeg Whats this? Set up the stock ios 12 wallpaper and swipe down on the homescreen for siri search.

21. cmaier Suspended

What are you referring to?

22. Mr$tone macrumors 6502

Why on earth did I contribute to further evolve this subject—I’ll rest my case :)

23. bizack macrumors 6502a

The 12.1 betas have been pretty glitchy performance-wise. 12.0 (and the betas) were smoother for me.

24. Brandonlowsk macrumors newbie

Animations wise?

25. bizack macrumors 6502a

Yep.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.