iOS 12.1 Beta 5 ― Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Banglazed, Oct 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. IowaLynn macrumors 65816

IowaLynn

It was so bad that I couldn't backup either. Same error. Also couldn't grab B5. To make matters worse couldn't sign into iCloud to verify me, my password.

Wiped phone, could not for once restore from iCloud backup (day old).

Happened with both iPhone X and iPad Pro.

Total mess. Totally no love for Apple iCloud.

2. gwhizkids macrumors 601

gwhizkids

I hate to say it but when multiple iCloud services are not working on your phone AND another device at the same time, don’t assume it’s your devices. At the very least google it or post something here before going through the pain of wiping your devices.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I've always been amazed at how quick people are to restore around here. I've never ONCE in my history of participating in betas, gone that route when I had an issue. That s*** takes forever even if you don't have 5,000+ tracks in your music library. If a reboot, hard reset and reset all settings fail I chalk it up as a beta bug that comes with the territory and I've always survived.

4. IowaLynn macrumors 65816

IowaLynn

Other than when moving to new iDevice, I don't remember having restored either. Until yesterday. And been in every Apple Seed.

And only once, very recent last month, a MacOS updated rendered MacBook 2015 unbootable, another first. QA @Apple seems on the down.

My bank schedules system maintenance and downtime for weekend nights, Sat&Sun, IT loses a weekend. WHY couldn't iCloud have popped up with a "unable to connect, service is down" error message? That too hard? Seems even when caught off guard they could, and also gave a Plan B in place.

5. Splandid macrumors member

Splandid

6. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

And that is...?

7. Splandid macrumors member

Splandid

After a undefined Time the top Speaker does work. Stereo function lost. Only hardreset/restart fix this.
    Mine is a iXS.

8. WRXiceman macrumors 6502

WRXiceman

Just installed the PB 5 in the hope that it would maybe resolve my camera/photos issue, but nope :(

Gutted.

9. christian.terra, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018

christian.terra macrumors 6502

Since beta 4, my ability to search settings stops working. Anything is search in settings results in a blank screen. I've tried switching to English UK, then back to English US, but that only works temporarily.

also, did anyone elses Verizon visual voicemail stop working? voicemail tab now only shows blank screen with "call voicemail" box in middle.

10. iloveallgadgets macrumors member

Is there WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Globe yet? If not, can you check for Smart?

11. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Noticing a hit on battery performance with this beta.

12. uandme72 macrumors 6502a

Same here.

13. calibru_2good_4u macrumors regular

What iPhone you have ?

14. Brandonlowsk macrumors newbie

Which device are u using?

15. gwhizkids macrumors 601

gwhizkids

The voicemail thing seems to happen a lot with the various betas. Usually fixable by going in to your voicemail and entering the password. That has worked every time for me.

16. sbailey4 macrumors 68040

sbailey4

The VVM is/has been a common issue from time to time not with just this beta. Typical fixes are to leave yourself a voicemail or turn on airplane mode and back off. Seems there were others I cannot recall but there are a few different fixes for that issue.

17. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

The X

18. christian.terra macrumors 6502

Thanks, I tried. called my voicemail, put in password, listened to messages, even updated my password and still no VVM.

Tried the toggle airplane mode on/off, reset network settings. I don't use VVM much, so i'll see if the next beta/release fixes it.

19. campyguy macrumors 68040

Quoting my OP for reference. Another frustrating day with mobile calls...

An example, called my mother today, about an hour ago. Yesterday, no issues. Around an hour ago, called her ATTWS flip from my VZW S Max direct from Favorites (pressed, not using Siri/Voice Control). No answer. Got the VM greeting: "Hi, this is Susan...".

My mom isn't named Susan. I don't know anyone named Susan...

I ended the call, called the landline of the B&B I sent her to (from my Max), said what I needed to then got her to power down/up the flip. Then I tried again - Max to flip - and it worked just like I'd expect. Called ATTWS and pulled a service ticket... :mad:

20. Mac Rules macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

Just to further illustrate my point on the UI glitch in the bottom bar on apps such as WhatsApp and FB Messenger

Fresh start of app
    5603CCDF-B614-431B-A1D2-FA743FEE3FD8.jpeg

After swiping to a conversation and back
    1802F17A-19C4-4758-8BF8-A3931232277A.jpeg

21. DeadKlau5 macrumors member

I have also a WhatsApp UI glitch. Maybe a bug in the latest WhatsApp version?
    [​IMG]

22. Banglazed thread starter macrumors demi-god

Banglazed

It's possible these are app-related issues. I don't experience it with FB Messenger though.

23. Mac Rules macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

I thought it too but I did a full restore of beta 5 last night followed by iCloud backup and got the same results

24. Banglazed thread starter macrumors demi-god

Banglazed

Have you tried contacting the developer? They’re both owned by FB.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.