Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
4G still awful. It’s a hardware problem. If it was software they would of have fixed in 1/2 updates.

View attachment 820603

(fixed that for you)

Not sure who your carrier is, but with AT&T, LTE is 'true' 4G. If an AT&T phone says it's on 4G, it's a dramatically inferior connection as compared to LTE. Basically, 4G is their older 3G network (HSPA+) with backhaul enhancements and LTE is the legitimate 4G network.

I upgrade to the new flagship iPhone every year and have since the original iPhone. Since 'LTE' has been a thing, every one of those phones without exception has been dog slow on '4G'; it's almost useless for real data transmission. So, that's not specific to the XS.

Reactions: NBKindaGirl

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
4G still awful. It’s a hardware problem. If it was software they would of fixed in 1/2 updates.

Like the guy above said, you're basically on 3G so the speed will be crap by design. Make sure that LTE is enabled in your cellular settings. AT&T's "4G" was just marketing nonsense like their "5Ge" is today.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
(fixed that for you)

Not sure who your carrier is, but with AT&T, LTE is 'true' 4G. If an AT&T phone says it's on 4G, it's a dramatically inferior connection as compared to LTE. Basically, 4G is their older 3G network (HSPA+) with backhaul enhancements and LTE is the legitimate 4G network.

I upgrade to the new flagship iPhone every year and have since the original iPhone. Since 'LTE' has been a thing, every one of those phones without exception has been dog slow on '4G'; it's almost useless for real data transmission. So, that's not specific to the XS.
Verizon's network is the same way, although I'm sure there's technical differences since one's CDMA and one's GSM.

Regardless, 4G indicates "put your phone back in your pocket, sucker".

derek916

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Sorry if I’m too lazy to search but I’m on beta 2 - AT&T 5GE and all videos and pics I send via iMessage to people look like a blurry mess . My friend has same issue

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Not very happy with my iPad Air 2. Some parts are in English, should be German. It’s very laggy and slow and my keychain is empty.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
LOL. A funny but risky bug. Open private mode in Safari. Stream a video or listen to a podcast. Close Safari and lock your iPad. Watch your lock screen. You can still touch play in the lock screen and you will hear the audio of the stream. That wasn't possible in the previous iOS versions.

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
LOL. A funny but risky bug. Open private mode in Safari. Stream a video or listen to a podcast. Close Safari and lock your iPad. Watch your lock screen. You can still touch play in the lock screen and you will hear the audio of the stream. That wasn't possible in the previous iOS versions.

Not new. It actually works and been working in regular mode too. Private mode has always been a mix.

HackDaBox

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
Ok guys see if it’s just me but when I start a timer in the clock app then lock the iPhone 7 Plus or my iPad Air 2 running this latest beta the timer does not show remaining time left.

I use timers a lot and always glance at lock screen so this is a much bigger deal to me that missing the date.

Not sure if these are intended changes or bugs at this stage.

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
Ok guys see if it’s just me but when I start a timer in the clock app then lock the iPhone 7 Plus or my iPad Air 2 running this latest beta the timer does not show remaining time left.

I use timers a lot and always glance at lock screen so this is a much bigger deal to me that missing the date.

Not sure if these are intended changes or bugs at this stage.

It’s obviously a bug. Wait until next beta to see what’s up. Release is this week.

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
I'm not sure if this is directly related to the beta or just an overall bug, but I was getting notifications for Apple Music even though I never have before and they were turned off. They stopped after I toggled the switch on, then back off again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.