Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
Beta performance is better and stable. Apps open faster and things are more consistent. WiFi is better but not stronger. So far no data issues. Random stutters still occur. Any maps related apps still stutters or drop frames though. Makes my XS Max feel cheap lol.

This latest update is not available to me.

Siri, meanwhile, is completely broken.

Reset your settings:

295c988f6ec99e8d6340d8acd0dd1d77.jpg

Or try turning off and on Siri. I have seen zero reports about Siri issues here.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Beta performance is better and stable. Apps open faster and things are more consistent. WiFi is better but not stronger. So far no data issues. Random stutters still occur. Any maps related apps still stutters or drop frames though. Makes my XS Max feel cheap lol.

Reset your settings:

295c988f6ec99e8d6340d8acd0dd1d77.jpg

Or try turning off and on Siri. I have seen zero reports about Siri issues here.

Have a Siri complaint::D if my IPP is within range of my TV and a Sirius commercial plays, the "Siri" part of "Sirius" causes Siri to activate. Currently amusing. Currently. :cool:

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
Have a Siri complaint::D if my IPP is within range of my TV and a Sirius commercial plays, the "Siri" part of "Sirius" causes Siri to activate. Currently amusing. Currently. :cool:

Lol. Lucky for me. No commercial or YouTube video has ever triggered my Siri yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: dk001

Frehley

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2012
I'm having issues with Wi-Fi. For example, I am connected to my home Wi-Fi (with Norton Secure VPN) before leaving for work. Drive to work, iPhone Xs Max does not connect to work Wi-Fi...I have to turn off Wi-Fi and then it will connect (all with Norton Secure VPN enabled). Same thing in reverse coming home from work. Any time I go from one known Wi-Fi network to another I need to turn off Wi-Fi and back on to connect.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
Well, WiFi issues again. Ugh. Speed and connection problems. Reported.
Its just crazy that in this age of new features, we are facing issues with fundamental things that should just work such as cell reception and wifi connectivity. How badly could Intel and Apple screw up.

Reactions: decypher44

Sci_Tech

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
SoCal
Its just crazy that in this age of new features, we are facing issues with fundamental things that should just work such as cell reception and wifi connectivity. How badly could Intel and Apple screw up.

Surprisingly, 12.4 beta 3 was finally an improvement to my reception issues in my area. After trying out all these betas and even after getting an exchange unit from Apple my LTE/3G connectivity is finally working the way it should. It only took 9 months later lol. Hoping the same for this beta.

Reactions: roncron

mofoliar

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2010
Nevada
My wifi seems to work better such as Auto connection and speed seems to be same as 12.4 B3.

Attachments

• 72A1FE04-1521-4DE2-8CA7-900D849EF8C5.png
    72A1FE04-1521-4DE2-8CA7-900D849EF8C5.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 245

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
In one of the earlier 12.4 beta threads people were mentioning that non-Apple Pay credit card transactions were now showing up in Wallet. I'm still not seeing these; I'm only seeing transactions that used Apple Pay.

Is there something I have to do to enable this feature? I'd love to be able to quickly see my complete credit card transaction history in Wallet without having to open my banks' apps.

ram130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
New York
My wifi seems to work better such as Auto connection and speed seems to be same as 12.4 B3.

WiFi is fine and works great when you’re close to the router or have full signal. The issues appear with medium to low signal. Random disconnects, lower signal vs other devices, lower speeds vs other devices, random data issues. All on the XS series.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.