Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Same here. Fast and responsive. Also wifi seems to work better finally. Previously most mornings typically most apps either chugged trying to connect or had to force close and reopen. Or the real quick solution was to toggle the wifi off/on from control center to get things going again (like it wasn't coming out of sleep). So far with b7 I have not had to do this yet.
Great news if true about wifi

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Something must have changed with the modem software. When you lose service, it rarely connects again by itself, you have to turn airplane mode on/off. If you send an iMessage with no service, it gets stuck even after you regain service and the only fix is hard reset or to just wait. Beta 6 was perfect in this regard. Verizon iPhone X intel version.
This is not new to iOS 12. I'm on 11.4.1 and this happens to me constantly. To be honest, I feel like this has been an issue through all of iOS 11.

bobcaryh

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2018
Is anyone having an issue with Iphone x, AT&T just spontaneously losing cellular for liek 10-15 seconds then coming back on? Its happening randomly wherever i go. From 5 bars to no service,then it just comes back on, almost like its doing some sort of reset. I know I am not losing signal as most of the time i am not moving around,this only started happening in ios 12.

monnyblack1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2016
meridian ms
Is anyone having an issue with Iphone x, AT&T just spontaneously losing cellular for liek 10-15 seconds then coming back on? Its happening randomly wherever i go. From 5 bars to no service,then it just comes back on, almost like its doing some sort of reset. I know I am not losing signal as most of the time i am not moving around,this only started happening in ios 12.
I’m not on the beta and my is doing the same thing

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
So for those of you who have Beta 7 and the application hangs haven't affected you or have passed, is the general consensus that it runs better than 11.4.1? I was on the early betas but dropped back to 11.4 for the jailbreak, which I've since given up.

I had thoughts of setting up permanent shop on 11.4.1 since it's a long known characteristic of iOS that devices always run their best on their native shipping software version but the X is so powerful that I can't imagine the small amount of added features of iOS 12 bringing it's performance down at all, especially since a lot of the changes made were for performance improvements.

ediks

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2015
So for those of you who have Beta 7 and the application hangs haven't affected you or have passed, is the general consensus that it runs better than 11.4.1? I was on the early betas but dropped back to 11.4 for the jailbreak, which I've since given up.

I had thoughts of setting up permanent shop on 11.4.1 since it's a long known characteristic of iOS that devices always run their best on their native shipping software version but the X is so powerful that I can't imagine the small amount of added features of iOS 12 bringing it's performance down at all, especially since a lot of the changes made were for performance improvements.

I think that the “iphone works the best on a version it ships with” is no longer true since my 8 was garbage on 11.4.1 but works smoothly on ios 12 public beta 5

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Beta 8 is here! No revision for beta 7

OTA is out and it's a 210MB update from B7.

IMG_1855.png

Reactions: adrianlondon

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Easy decision. It's a small update for those like me who are already running b7. I didn't have any issues with b7, so I'm assuming b8 is simply fixing a problem that I never had anyway. Plus, come on, will you really just sit it out and wait for b9? Can you resist? :)

Frehley

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2012
Very smooth on my 8 Plus and X. Been running for about 5 hours on both and no lag and the battery seems great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.