Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

LilHammer

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2019
I'm hearing, from other users who have had loads of email issues since the original release of iOS 13, that email might finally be mostly fixed with the second beta of 13.3, released today. I'm not going to go through the process of signing up to beta test, but I'm hopeful what I'm reading in the Apple forums is correct.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm hearing, from other users who have had loads of email issues since the original release of iOS 13, that email might finally be mostly fixed with the second beta of 13.3, released today. I'm not going to go through the process of signing up to beta test, but I'm hopeful what I'm reading in the Apple forums is correct.
iOS 13.3 beta 2 was released a few days ago, you can read about various experiences that people have with it at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-13-3-beta-2-―-bug-fixes-changes-and-improvements.2210862/

jtkboston

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2014
Anyone having issues with CarPlay and Do Not Disturb Whilst Driving?

On my Pioneer Headunit and the Wife's Hyundai factory stereo the Bluetooth connects almost instantly and CarPlay takes a few seconds longer and then when it connects the Bluetooth is disabled again.
I think most cars connect this way.

Prior to 13.2 the Bluetooth would activate Do Not Disturb Whilst Driving and CarPlay would the Deactivate it when it connected like it is supposed to.

On 13.2 and now 13.3B1 Do Not Disturb Whilst Driving activates as normal but doesnt deactivate when CarPlay connects as it is supposed to.

A quick work around is to go into the CarPlay settings menu on CarPlay itself and activate Do Not Disturb and Deactivate it again, this will deactivate it until next connection but the issue returns every connection to the car.

I hit this in 13.3 GA (and previous releases) with my Subaru. I found another workaround: create an automation triggered by "connect to CarPlay" and define the automation actions to turn off do-not-disturb (and then I have it speak text "notifications on" as an audio confirmation). Since CarPlay is activating after bluetooth connects, this automation runs last and we don't have to worry about bluetooth connecting later and re-enabling do-not-disturb

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
I hit this in 13.3 GA (and previous releases) with my Subaru. I found another workaround: create an automation triggered by "connect to CarPlay" and define the automation actions to turn off do-not-disturb (and then I have it speak text "notifications on" as an audio confirmation). Since CarPlay is activating after bluetooth connects, this automation runs last and we don't have to worry about bluetooth connecting later and re-enabling do-not-disturb

Good call, forgot I could do that. Have set it up now but without the audio confirmation just seeing the moon disappear off the screen will be enough for me.

Thanks for that, hopefully they fix it in the next release so I don’t have to rely on an automation to get functionality I previously had back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.