Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MJ22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2017
....definitely strange that some are experiencing major issues in the Health app (the main reason why I am holding off updating) whilst others are not??!

I am one of those people and if they don’t fix it soon I’m going to snap.

• Sad
Reactions: Dino F

mm4e

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2020
For anyone with Health and Watch issues, things are finally working normally for me again. I had way too many calls with Apple over the past week and last night they had me back everything up on iCloud, unpair the watch, wipe my phone, restore the phone from backup, then restore the watch from backup.

AutoSleep doesn't show any dropped sensor readings from last night, my resting calories are back to what's expected, and the Health app data matches up with everything in Fitness/on my watch. Didn't lose any awards, achievements, or data in the Fitness app (unfortunately everything is still wonky in Health from the week-ish where things were haywire).

The only weird thing was that active calories didn't get recorded in Fitness or on my Watch once both devices were restored. I logged a mini workout for a few minutes to see what would happen - the Watch showed that calories were getting burned during the workout, the actual record of the workout in Fitness showed that same number of calories, the additional active calories and exercise minutes were reflected in Health, but the Move number wouldn't budge on either. Wouldn't have annoyed me so much if I wasn't 40 calories shy of my Move goal by the time I restored everything! Active calories started recording as usual as soon as the clock struck midnight, and yes I stayed up late to take a few laps around my apartment to test it out (luckily post-debate stress didn't make that too difficult).

It's been less than 24 hours so who knows how long this fix will last. Absolutely miserable process to solve a very frustrating problem, but it was the only solution they had until they finally work out the bug.

Reactions: Dino F

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Since someone pointed out here the right setting to have battery saving work finally , I noticed that my watch mirrord that . Was it here before iOS 14 ?

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
For anyone with Health and Watch issues, things are finally working normally for me again. I had way too many calls with Apple over the past week and last night they had me back everything up on iCloud, unpair the watch, wipe my phone, restore the phone from backup, then restore the watch from backup.

AutoSleep doesn't show any dropped sensor readings from last night, my resting calories are back to what's expected, and the Health app data matches up with everything in Fitness/on my watch. Didn't lose any awards, achievements, or data in the Fitness app (unfortunately everything is still wonky in Health from the week-ish where things were haywire).

The only weird thing was that active calories didn't get recorded in Fitness or on my Watch once both devices were restored. I logged a mini workout for a few minutes to see what would happen - the Watch showed that calories were getting burned during the workout, the actual record of the workout in Fitness showed that same number of calories, the additional active calories and exercise minutes were reflected in Health, but the Move number wouldn't budge on either. Wouldn't have annoyed me so much if I wasn't 40 calories shy of my Move goal by the time I restored everything! Active calories started recording as usual as soon as the clock struck midnight, and yes I stayed up late to take a few laps around my apartment to test it out (luckily post-debate stress didn't make that too difficult).

It's been less than 24 hours so who knows how long this fix will last. Absolutely miserable process to solve a very frustrating problem, but it was the only solution they had until they finally work out the bug.

...funny how you mention all your issues as there is now a whole article about it:

MJ22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2017
Ha! Of course.

Oh my god is this process annoying. My phone got stuck on two factor authentication and Apple support was like no help. Finally got it working. Watch is slowly pairing again (maybe slow because phone is also still downloading apps and stuff?). I’m going to run later and will report back on the map issue.

Reactions: mm4e

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I think I found a new email issue. I use the standard Apple app. I have 3 emails - iCloud, Gmail, and an exchange one. I leave the mail as All Inboxes. I have found, not all the time but often, if I open an iCloud email from notifications and then go back into email it is only the iCloud inbox shown and not all inboxes. Anyone else having this issue?

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
I think I found a new email issue. I use the standard Apple app. I have 3 emails - iCloud, Gmail, and an exchange one. I leave the mail as All Inboxes. I have found, not all the time but often, if I open an iCloud email from notifications and then go back into email it is only the iCloud inbox shown and not all inboxes. Anyone else having this issue?
Yes, and it’s not new with IOS 14 for me. I finally gave up reporting it.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
..its a shame that the native Apple Weather widget isn't animated like it is when you actually open the app (i.e. when its raining, in the app you see the rain falling but in the widget you do not).

AutoH

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2021
Just noticed one this morning. All none Apple apps have gone into ‘Other’ in the App Library?!! 14.4 12 Pro Max in the UK.

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
Just noticed one this morning. All none Apple apps have gone into ‘Other’ in the App Library?!! 14.4 12 Pro Max in the UK.
Interesting. My apps remain unchanged in the App Library, including all my google apps that are still pretty evenly spread out. The only two in the “other” category are the feedback app and an agenda+ app I seldom use. SE20

AutoH

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2021
Interesting. My apps remain unchanged in the App Library, including all my google apps that are still pretty evenly spread out. The only two in the “other” category are the feedback app and an agenda+ app I seldom use. SE20

Update

I had a Google and people were having success with changing languages. I changed language to English US and nothing happened. Then to English Australian and nothing happened. Then back to English UK and they all went back into their own folder BUT the apps in the folders themselves have now reset. Usually it would be that the most used apps were at the top of each folder but now they’re all over the show.

Hmm

Irishappleuser

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2019
Update

I had a Google and people were having success with changing languages. I changed language to English US and nothing happened. Then to English Australian and nothing happened. Then back to English UK and they all went back into their own folder BUT the apps in the folders themselves have now reset. Usually it would be that the most used apps were at the top of each folder but now they’re all over the show.

Hmm
I don’t want to use the word but could it be related to that thing that came into effect at the start of the year in the UK ? It‘s probably noting to do with it but it’s still the only thing that has changed since the last post in this thread. I’m in ireland and my apps are the same as usual.

Reactions: AutoH
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.