Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aquaduck04

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
Hi -

I have not read any reports on the availability of iPads at most Apple stores. Did most of them run out of their initial stock on launch day?

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
I know that some of them did.

When I ran to the Apple store today to grab a dock there was actually a line of about 10 people outside waiting to buy an iPad. That surprised me.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
It happened that Im traveling today and I'm here in new jersey. I went to willow brook mall snatch the iPad case and when I get there there is no line a I just saw a old guy buying 64gb. They seem to have a lot a stocks. I saw tons of cases including those neoprene etc. By the way the case is really good. I like it a lot!

Goodluck on your purchase!

shakenmartini

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2008
I bought a case at the apple store today and they were unloading a new palette of iPads.

They were also selling about 3-4 every 5 min, so I don't know what stock will look like by closing today.

Interestingly, the store was flush with accessories even though the ship date on them is far out for many of them.

for instance, I canceled my apple OEM case and bought a 3rd party case instead and they had plenty of all. This despite my apple case not listed to ship from my pre-order until April 15th.

webspinner

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2010
I went to the Briarwood mall Apple store today in Ann Arbor MI and they got a "mysterious" shipment in right when I got there at 11:30 that the employee could not tell me about over the phone. So I picked up a second one today for my fiancée (she wanted one after playing around with mine). I don't know if they will tell you about new shipment over the phone, so best bet may be just go go in and see. Also check Bestbuy. The Ann Arbor Bestbuy had 20 in stock this morning.

Aquaduck04

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
Great news. I am going to head to my local apple store after work and check to see if they have any 16GB models. It's right next to best buy, so I will stop there if I have no luck at Apple.

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Just stopped by my local Best Buy and they still had a few iPad 32 and 64 models. I picked up one and was out of the store in a couple of minutes.

hypeber

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
I went to mu local apple store and they have all sz. I just got my 16gb at 12.

rpang

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
So Cal...
I do want to add that even though it seems that iPads are widely available, the official Apple Case and the InCase leather case are nowhere to be found.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
Bought one at apple today, did call ahead to be sure. They had 12 on display and all were being played with.

Took 5mins to get someone to help me they were so busy.

Presha

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
Double Down
went to my local bestbuy, here in vegas, and they are still getting shipments of ipads of a sizes and they also have all the accessories...including the ipad case.

slid3

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
I cant find any shop in Hillsboro or Portland that still have stocks for any of the model...Anyone has any luck?

vini-vidi-vici

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
I cant find any shop in Hillsboro or Portland that still have stocks for any of the model...Anyone has any luck?

Where have you looked? Does the best buy at tannasbourne have any? I got mine at the apple store in Washington Square... I'd be surprised if they've run out.

slid3

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
I have been calling the Washington Square store everyday and I've always getting the "run out" reply. Best Buy has been out of stock on the launching day itself. When did you get it?

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Hmm, that's surprising, I kind of had it in my mind that supply hadn't turned out to be a problem. Haven't noticed the iPad-crazy media reporting on this. Gonna go look again.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Night and Day

Totally night and day from the 1st iPhone launch. High availability for this product - I actually bought mine Monday afternoon - without issue.

RynoZebz

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Presha: Which store in Vegas? I might pick one up tonight and I'd like to go to Best Buy so I could hit up that 0 percent interest on my Best Buy card. lol

slid3

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
I will probably call the Washington Square store again today after work. They told me they have new stocks everyday but every time I call they are sold out. ...(trying hard to not sound desperate here):confused:

jdm905

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2009
I will probably call the Washington Square store again today after work. They told me they have new stocks everyday but every time I call they are sold out. ...(trying hard to not sound desperate here):confused:

Call the apple store at Bridgeport plaza. They have a few in stock. Just picked up a 16gb version today.

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Presha: Which store in Vegas? I might pick one up tonight and I'd like to go to Best Buy so I could hit up that 0 percent interest on my Best Buy card. lol

I was told by a rep in summerlin that the Maryland parkway store (not sure where that is) had plenty of stock of all ipads. This was not last evening but the evening before. They may still have some there. I have also heard that the apple stores out here all have a pretty good supply.

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
Bestbuy in my area got a shipment this morning and they are already sold out.

RynoZebz

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
I was told by a rep in summerlin that the Maryland parkway store (not sure where that is) had plenty of stock of all ipads. This was not last evening but the evening before. They may still have some there. I have also heard that the apple stores out here all have a pretty good supply.

Thanks for the tip. I'm closer to the Summerlin store and have been trying to call and couldn't get through the couple times I tried on my lunch. Maybe I'll check that store out. Seems like it's on the other side of the strip.

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
^^^ When I went, the summelin store rep said they only had 2 left for sale (16GB) and they won't be expecting more for a couple of days. They are running a circular with promotional material to begin on the 12th, which is when I think a lot of the sold out best buys will be getting more ipads in stock. He did make it seem though that the maryland parkway store had plenty in stock. They did have a live demo at the summerlin best buy to play with. Worth checking out if you are not sure you want to commit to buying one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.