Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solsearchin

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
ive been having issues with my iPad so I reset to factory. Now I can get to the hello screen and then country selection. After that it pops up " connect to iTunes". When I connect to iTunes and try to restore using recovery I get a " there is a problem with your iPad" pop up. I'm stuck now. Any solutions to this issue? I've tried the DNF method restore and no luck. Still can't get past the country selection.
[doublepost=1495945874][/doublepost]When I try the DNF method I get error 0xE8000015

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
By DNF do you mean DFU?

If you have a cellular iPad, try removing the SIM card and then setting up without iTunes. This worked with my mini 1. As long as you can connect to WiFi, the iPad should be able to be set up without iTunes.

If removing the SIM doesn't work, could you give us more details on the model, iOS version, and iTunes version?

solsearchin

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
I can't get past the initial setup. It goes to connect to iTunes after I select my country. Yes, my apologies, DFU. It's not cellular but that wouldn't help me anyways as I'm stuck at the initial setup. It's IOS 10, latest iTunes version on PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.