Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hector Domingo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2009
Hi,

With the new apple store in Covent Garden starting up, i was thinking of politely asking my aunt who lives near by to go and pick an iPhone 4 up for me. The only problem being that I'm unsure that if there is a problem with it, the phone will be in her name and she'll have to return it, etc. Is there a way to transfer the phone over to my name, so that i can return it should there be any faults?

Thanks

Hector Domingo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2009
That wasn't the question, I'm asking about whether 'Apple Care,' or the manufacturer's warranty supplied with the phone can be transfered over to another account holder, or whether it's done by serial number, so it doesn't matter who's in possession of the phone, etc.

fabian9

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2007
Bristol, UK
That wasn't the question, I'm asking about whether 'Apple Care,' or the manufacturer's warranty supplied with the phone can be transfered over to another account holder, or whether it's done by serial number, so it doesn't matter who's in possession of the phone, etc.

AppleCare is on the device, not the user. She won't have to transfer anything...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.