Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
See quite a few articles about the Plus being way too big. But my main reason for keeping the plus is battery life. I love the form factor of the iphone 6. Good compromise keeping it the size and increasing screen size to 4.7. But it's only marginally better than the 5S (in my opinion)

This author shares the same opinion.

http://www.cnet.com/news/my-only-iphone-6-regret-is-battery-life/

nnacrumors

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2014
Sucks that they didn't simply make the 6 just a 0.5 - 1 millimeter thicker to put in a battery comparable to the 6+ :(

Could have even made the camera flush too...

wlossw

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
My experience has been that the battery life is much improved for the things I use my iphone for...

specifically local video playback seems to drain the battery at half the rate of my iphone 5...

I am quite impressed...

GCPandroo

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
Sucks that they didn't simply make the 6 just a 0.5 - 1 millimeter thicker to put in a battery comparable to the 6+ :(

Could have even made the camera flush too...

The fact that it's so thin and rounded makes it easier to hold and use because it's so large. If they had increased the thickness, it's possible that reaching further away would be more annoying, which I'm guessing was their logic for making it thinner. They sacrificed a couple hours of life to make it comfortable.

Clint1583

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2011
I'm another that's happy with the better battery life on the iPhone 6. My old iPhone 5 gave me 48 hours between "normal" use and this new 6 is giving 72 hours.

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm happy with battery life as well. Lasted two days before needing charged, and that was with heavy use. If I'd left it off more and not used it, it probably would have lasted at least another day.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I am getting WAY better battery performance with my 6 compared to my 5S.

With the 5S I would put it on charge at the end of the day with about 50% remaining.

With the 6 it has never been below 70% and that is with a lot of extra playing because it is new!

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
I'm a heavy user, constantly banging out emails and texts, plus constantly checking several different social media venues. My iP5 would only go from 100% charge off the charger @ 6am each day until it hit 10% around 5-6pm in the evening, meaning I would have to plug it into a charger before getting off of work at 7pm or after. Very inconvenient.

I have been very pleased that my iP6 is still at 45-50% at the end of my day. I am plugging it into the overnight charger while I'm still at 30-35% at 10:30pm.

So, the iP6 is a considerable upgrade in battery life from my iP5, and I am pretty happy with that. Would I like it to to be twice the battery life I have now? Heck, yes! But, I'm betting the iP6s will have an improvement in that area.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.