Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
His number one reason of DRM may not actually be a reason. He mentions dongles later in the article and I suspect that there will be a dongle that has your typical aux port for standard headphones (mini-jack). That would give you an analog out if you were one of the very, very few that really wanted to record analog from the phone.

I am not a fan of dongles, but I would rather wait and see and know facts before I go nuts about it. The issue with HTC is that there were better phones running Android. The next iPhone will be the best phone (in every other way) running iOS. That gives it a big advantage. That being said, nothing I have heard so far has thrilled me, so I might hold onto my 6s+this time around. As I said, I will wait and see.

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
His number one reason of DRM may not actually be a reason. He mentions dongles later in the article and I suspect that there will be a dongle that has your typical aux port for standard headphones (mini-jack). That would give you an analog out if you were one of the very, very few that really wanted to record analog from the phone.

I am not a fan of dongles, but I would rather wait and see and know facts before I go nuts about it. The issue with HTC is that there were better phones running Android. The next iPhone will be the best phone (in every other way) running iOS. That gives it a big advantage. That being said, nothing I have heard so far has thrilled me, so I might hold onto my 6s+this time around. As I said, I will wait and see.

Not to be pedantic or lost in translation but in the UK a dongle is a devise plugged in to USB port to recieve 3G or 4G network. (very unfortunate name IMHO).
The word "adapter" I feel will be used after 10.00am EST Sept 6th '16.
peace

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
Not to be pedantic or lost in translation but in the UK a dongle is a devise plugged in to USB port to recieve 3G or 4G network. (very unfortunate name IMHO).
The word "adapter" I feel will be used after 10.00am EST Sept 6th '16.
peace
I was using the wording from the article.

"3. Dongles are stupid, especially when they require other dongles"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.