Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sonix Seven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2018
Ireland & Romania
I know the has been mentioned before however I can't find the threads - please move to correct thread if necessary

I've spent THOUSANDS on iPhone 8's and 8plus first 2 weeks were fine then people started complaining that they couldn't hear me and it's now at the point where iPhone CANNOT be used as a phone which is completely ridiculous!!!

I love apple products since the very first iMac, my businesses all have MacBooks, iMacs, iPads, iPhones

Out of 9 iPhone 8's 7 including mine had this problem and had to be replaced with Samsungs which at first I hated as did everyone else but now we've adjusted, basically APPLE are forcing us to spend €1,000's on switching to Samsungs and seem to be doing nothing to fix the problem.

Does anyone know how to fix it or if APPLE GOING TO FIX THE ISSUE AND WHEN?

I've over €6,000 worth of iPhones in a drawer, they're simply expensive paperweights

Honestly I'm Completely fed up with apple and their attitude regarding this issue, unless there's a solution soon I cannot see myself purchasing any more Apple products

I've tried everything mentioned as a possible solution, cleaning, updating, soft restart, complete restore to factory settings, disabling app permissions to microphone, new sim, new iPhone among other things nothing has worked.

Anyone know solution that actually works this or if it can even be fixed??

Thanks

Darren

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
If the issue still persist after update or restore, it clearly ruled out software related and now pose as hardware defect. Contact Apple via their support page or schedule a Genius Bar appointment for a proper diagnostic. If it is deemed faulty, Apple will replace the device under warranty.

Recently, iPhone 7&7+ had defective microphone.

Last edited:

Sonix Seven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2018
Ireland & Romania
If the issue still persist after update or restore, it clearly ruled out software related and now pose as hardware defect. Contact Apple via their support page or schedule a Genius Bar appointment for a proper diagnostic. If it is deemed faulty, Apple will replace the device under warranty.

Recentlt, iPhone 7&7+ had defective microphone.

All were updated with no improvement, I concentrated on 2 8+ Brought to Approved Apple reseller/repairer, they checked both and found no faults but in fairness they replaced one but It was the same problem Brought it back the following day & was told that it was probably the sim so I replaced it still the same so went back for a 3rd time with a 4day old phone there was a different tech he knew all about the problem and was as fed up as I was and he straight out said even if he replaced all of them I might get one that worked properly.

Then contacted Apple support who insisted that there was no problem or issues whatsoever with the phones and that it must be app or software issue, said to remove app mic access permissions - remove apps then completely restore phone all of which was already done but did it again with no improvement then tried to tell me that I was imagining it, I rang back from the newest one 6 days old 4 times they hung up because they couldn’t hear me the 5th time I rang with speaker on and they could hear me fine, turned off speaker- couldn’t hear me- back to speaker and she still insisted that there was no problem.

What can I do after all that? Today I switched back to iPhone 8+ I got so irritated with people saying that they couldn’t hear me properly, I put up with it until about 6pm final straw was being told repeatedly to speak up - I snapped it in half and threw it across the room. Sorry but I’m never buying another iPhone all they are completely a waste of money at best they’re a small iPad certainly not a phone

sussexjojo

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2018
I am about to get my third replacement phone in 5 months (iphone8). Not a single successful phone call, unless I am on bluetooth, head set or speaker phone, all working fine.
They don’t know if this can be fixed, at all. I take it this is a network+modem+mic combination issue, as otherwise there wouldn’t be a single iphone user that can make a phone call.
I am on EE in the UK, one of the bigger omes...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.