Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoTexans

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
I may get an iphone case to m nephew as christmas gift. Is it too cheap?

Anyone will give an iPhone case as Christmas gift? How much will you spend?

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Nothing wrong with that as a Christmas gift. Pricing depends upon what type of case you're looking for. My price point for cases is no more than $50.

TuiSong

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
Petone, New Zealand
I may get an iphone case to m nephew as christmas gift. Is it too cheap?

Anyone will give an iPhone case as Christmas gift? How much will you spend?

If your Nephew is old enough to own an iPhone, he's old enough to buy his own iPhone case. Cheap? Some people might consider $100 cheap, others think of cheap as being under $5.

Personally, my relatives get removed from the Christmas buying list once they reach the age of financial independence (refer to first point)

GoTexans

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
My nephew is 10 yr old and he was rewarded an iPhone with excellence in school! Straight A for last two years! I really proud of him.

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Element Case or Draco case, I'm sure he will love each other!!!

TuiSong

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
Petone, New Zealand
My nephew is 10 yr old and he was rewarded an iPhone with excellence in school! Straight A for last two years! I really proud of him.

I hope they don't take it off him again for txting in class! :p That is some serious tech to be giving a ten year old. My kids school gives them packets of colored pencils and pizza vouchers.

I'm thinking at that age, something pretty full on protective will help prevent many tears when it gets dropped. I probably wouldn't do a sleeve because it's not protected while it is in use. The otter box cases or incipio have some decent protection, and make sure they come with a screen protector too

GoTexans

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
I hope they don't take it off him again for txting in class! :p That is some serious tech to be giving a ten year old. My kids school gives them packets of colored pencils and pizza vouchers.

I'm thinking at that age, something pretty full on protective will help prevent many tears when it gets dropped. I probably wouldn't do a sleeve because it's not protected while it is in use. The otter box cases or incipio have some decent protection, and make sure they come with a screen protector too

He is really mature. He is like a 15-16 yr old ...he even cooks for his family everyday and make sure the meal is ready when parents home. He did not ask for the iPhone, but my brother just want to reward him for all he had done. He is really a nice kid.

stfwayne

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2011
Sounds like a nice kid.

I own and favor the following cases:
-Root Case (wooden case)
-Reflex Series Case from Otterbox

Both are fairly affordable and the reflex offers great protection

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
He is really mature. He is like a 15-16 yr old ...he even cooks for his family everyday and make sure the meal is ready when parents home. He did not ask for the iPhone, but my brother just want to reward him for all he had done. He is really a nice kid.

I thought he was 10?

Anyway, I use a Louis Vuitton sleeve, but that is definitely out of a kid's price range since it costs more than a 4S 16GB on contract.

jcb19

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2010
I thought he was 10?

Anyway, I use a Louis Vuitton sleeve, but that is definitely out of a kid's price range since it costs more than a 4S 16GB on contract.

Sounds like the kid IS 10, but the OP is stating he has the maturity of a 15-16year old.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.