Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
I guess the iPhone X didn’t sell as well as Apple thought it would. Hopefully sales stay low so Apple will bring Touch ID back. And a lower price. Said on google that they will be launching a product red X to try to boost sales. Rumors say the next iPhone X whatever it will be called will be $100 cheaper then the current X. What do y’all think?

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
I think TouchID, the headphone jack, and the skeuomorphic interface are as gone as the floppy drive on Macs regardless of sales numbers.
Headphone jack yes definitely but Touch ID never went away. Yet anyway. Since it’s still on the 8 and 8 plus. You never know they might add it to the next model. Since they weren’t able to do it last year.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Headphone jack yes definitely but Touch ID never went away. Yet anyway. Since it’s still on the 8 and 8 plus. You never know they might add it to the next model. Since they weren’t able to do it last year.
Apple already said next iPhones will all have faceid as well as the iPad pros.. iPhone 8 will be the last phone with touchid unless they release the SE2.. If you want a fingerprint sensor you’ll have to go to Android or get the iPhone 8

Reactions: JamiLynee

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
The X2, X+ and the 6.1 lcd phone will all have faceid. Many articles stating this as well as trusted analysts..
I’m not saying they won’t have Face ID. But they might be able to add Touch ID to the phone as well. And Maybe do away with the pattern security. Or have all 3

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Well why else would they lower the price to $899 from $999? It damn sure isn’t because they want to help us out.
They haven’t lowered the price. You are misinformed.

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-x
[doublepost=1522131045][/doublepost]
I’m not saying they won’t have Face ID. But they might be able to add Touch ID to the phone as well. And Maybe do away with the pattern security. Or have all 3
iPhones never had pattern security. Are you confusing iOS with Android?

bingeciren

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2011
Based on my personal experience, Touch ID had far too many misreads, yet over the last few months that I’ve been using the X, it only asked my password to enable Face ID two or three times. Face ID is significantly easier to use than Touch ID, to the point of being almost completely transparent.

I don’t miss Touch ID one bit and I hope it dies and never comes back.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Apple has said nothing regarding future products; however, this is most likely correct: Touch ID is on its way out. In a hurry.

Apple said Face ID is their future, which was a direct quote from Tim Cook back in September 2017. One can only believe that means future products will incorporate Face ID further with the expansion of a 6.1 LCD iPhone, 5.8/6.5 iPhone X, which has been heavily forecasted by Ming Kuo also. Naturally, it would only make sense for the iPad to also incorporate Face ID in the future as well, which I believe will happen.

But yes, touch ID will be a nonexistent technology for Apples future with the iPhone, unless they reiterate an iPhone SE 2.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
iphone x sold very well just not as many units as they wanted...doesn't mean it didn't sell well.

and no touch ID is gone for good.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I guess the iPhone X didn’t sell as well as Apple thought it would. Hopefully sales stay low so Apple will bring Touch ID back. And a lower price. Said on google that they will be launching a product red X to try to boost sales. Rumors say the next iPhone X whatever it will be called will be $100 cheaper then the current X. What do y’all think?

I think there is already a thread that covers this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.