Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Ray-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
My iPhone Max shows there is an update available notification on the settings icon. When I check for updates there is none. I am on the production version of iOS 12.

The only thing I can think of is that my iCloud had the beta profile in it and its saying theres an update available because of it.

What i've tried
- Verified no profiles installed
- Reset network settings
- Reset all settings.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My iPhone Max shows there is an update available notification on the settings icon. When I check for updates there is none. I am on the production version of iOS 12.

The only thing I can think of is that my iCloud had the beta profile in it and its saying theres an update available because of it.

What i've tried
- Verified no profiles installed
- Reset network settings
- Reset all settings.
Have you checked to see if you might have any updates downloaded (in your storage settings)?

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Mine is doing the same thing, I had a beta profile on my 7+ that I forgot to delete before switching to my max. I don't have a beta downloaded but the indicator won't go away. I'm just going to live with until the 12.1 update and hopefully once that's released the indicator will go away.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Mine is doing the same thing, I had a beta profile on my 7+ that I forgot to delete before switching to my max. I don't have a beta downloaded but the indicator won't go away. I'm just going to live with until the 12.1 update and hopefully once that's released the indicator will go away.

Did you follow @C DM's advice? Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage and check in that list to see if you have the OS downloaded. If you do, delete it and the indicator should disappear (you might have to check for an update first. I can't recall).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.