Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
At the end of That '70s Show tonight, I saw a new commercial for the iPod nano. It was compiled of a bunch of album art and definitely very cool. It wasn't anything like their usual silhouette ads. While I love those, this one was awesome. I was even thinking during the ad "this would make for one sweet iPod ad" and bam, there it is: iPod + iTunes

I know, I seem overexcited for a commercial, but it's what I do. :) Is this new or am I late to the party?

purplefariefire

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2005
iPod Ad

:D Yeah, I saw this too.
I wasn't aware it was an iPod ad till the end, but I was also thinking... wow this is a rockin ad!
I've never seen it before.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I found the ad to be kind of lame. I thought that it was going to end up being some stupid Napster commercial showing "all the different albums that are available at our store." It's lame, I like the dancing ads better.

Salasm

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2006
surrounded by mods
It's on Apple's home page.

Does anyone know about the iptc:// protocol? Clicking on the link takes you directly to the iTunes podcast download window.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Salasm said:
Does anyone know about the iptc:// protocol? Clicking on the link takes you directly to the iTunes podcast download window.
itpc: (iTunes podcast) is a local protocol that iTunes installs. If you take any ordinary podcast XML feed and substitute itpc: for the http: prefix, iTunes will try to deal with it. It's very much like the feed: prefix used by Safari for "regular" RSS.

& about the new iPod ad: Meh.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
I like the commercial, so far, as ive only seen 1/2 of it because something, maybe apples servers or my connection is so fricken slow. Does anyone else have this problem with Quicktime recently?

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
I like it.

Those other dancing silhouette ads have run their course. It's good to see they're finally doing some different.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i get this error trying to play the 1080p or 720p videos....haven't tried the ipod format one. any ideas why? also, norton told me something was trying to execute something similar to a quicktime buffer overflow exploit.
windows xp sp2, fully updated, norton av 2005, firefox 1.5 final with no extensions.

Phobophobia

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2003
It would have been funnier if a plane made of album art crashed into the buildings and made them fall into the iPod LOL.

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Phobophobia said:
It would have been funnier if a plane made of album art crashed into the buildings and made them fall into the iPod LOL.

Some how I just can't find the slightest bit of humor out of that...

Phobophobia

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2003
runninmac said:
Some how I just can't find the slightest bit of humor out of that...

I know, lol. Neither can I. But it would be funny if they did. Just because it would be so tasteless, and ppl would be all like "wtf is this?!".

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The song is [playlistId=80869010&s=143441&i=80868932]Cubicle[/playlistId] by Rinôçérôse.

Ñôt å bäd sóñg!

mongoos150

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2005
Phobophobia said:

Um...definitely not funny.

MacQuest

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
You See Dead People...
HEY ARN-

You misspelled "Television" in the threads heading on the main page. Also, don't you think that it would be interesting to point out that the ad is offered in HD? I think that says alot in a secretive, Apple-ish way.

Please don't ban me for pointing this out. ;)

I see this as a perfect way to start introducing a true video iPod and an accompanying movie service [with HD options?!] in the next couple of weeks. If Apple starts offering movies in regular and HD resolution, NetfFlix is done!

I'll bet that they already have an HD commercial for both the vPod and the movie service and will introduce them at a press conference the week before April 1st [the 28th], that will announce an anniversary event on April 1st and immediate availability of the vPod/iPod AV at that event.

Phobophobia said:

That's weak. I just got un-banned for making a direct comment to someone's stupidity last week and I don't feel like going through that again.

It's almost worth it to tell you how I really feel about you though.

Trowaman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2003
CD: TX-14
Phobophobia said:

For some reason, I just don't get the joke here. Seriously, not funny nor relevant.

In fact, death never is funny.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.