Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dalek Step

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
(solved) I've got an 16gb iPod touch (not sure which generation, probably 1st or 2nd) and im thinking of selling it. How much money would I get for it?

Last edited:

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
I've got an 16gb iPod touch (not sure which generation, probably 1st or 2nd) and im thinking of selling it. How much money would I get for it?

If can help you, I've sold my old 1st generation 8gb in 2010 (it had 3 years in that time) for 90€ (116$) in eBay. The best you can do it's first to determine which version of the ipod you have (search your serial number on google) and then go to ebay and search for a similar ipod, same capacity etc. For experience, in most cases the capacity it's more valuable than the generation.

good luck

Dalek Step

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
If can help you, I've sold my old 1st generation 8gb in 2010 (it had 3 years in that time) for 90€ (116$) in eBay. The best you can do it's first to determine which version of the ipod you have (search your serial number on google) and then go to ebay and search for a similar ipod, same capacity etc. For experience, in most cases the capacity it's more valuable than the generation.

good luck
I searched up my serial number but got no match :confused:

----------

The last 3 Digits of my serial number are 203 if you can help. I cant find somewhere that shows what gen my ipod is

MacStu09

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2009
$90-120 is a reasonable range. I sold my 1st gen 16gb which had no wifi (listed it as is - no wifi) and someone got in a bidding war and paid $140 for it. You may get lucky sometimes.

Oh, and if the back is flat it's first gen. Curved, 2nd gen.

Dalek Step

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
$90-120 is a reasonable range. I sold my 1st gen 16gb which had no wifi (listed it as is - no wifi) and someone got in a bidding war and paid $140 for it. You may get lucky sometimes.

Oh, and if the back is flat it's first gen. Curved, 2nd gen.

Thanks, I now know that its a second gen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.