Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackoatmon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
I’m rolling back my iPhone SE to iOS 10 because the battery life cratered in 11 (lasts ~1/3 as long)

Will Mojave try to force me into a newer iOS to sync pics and music?

Reactions: TimothyR734

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
I’m rolling back my iPhone SE to iOS 10 because the battery life cratered in 11 (lasts ~1/3 as long)

I have a iPhone SE running the iOS 12 GM have had no issues with my battery but I suppose you could go back to iOS 10 if you can find it available

Princejb134

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012

you cant go back to ios10 since its no longer been signed by apple

jackoatmon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
it wont authenticate with itunes

i didnt get to installing it yet – but im sure it's fine if i just use an older itunes or disconnect from the internet or whatever. i mean whatever it is, maybe it'll take a little hackery or whatever, but i'm sure i can figure it out. wouldn't be the first time i forced a firmwear rollback. the website i got the image from seemed to be full of people doing it

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
No that's not how it works. Disconnecting the internet wont help either. Otherwise, everyone and their dog would have rolled back iOS11.

Any apps that claim to roll you back to ios10 is 100% a virus.

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
i didnt get to installing it yet – but im sure it's fine if i just use an older itunes or disconnect from the internet or whatever. i mean whatever it is, maybe it'll take a little hackery or whatever, but i'm sure i can figure it out. wouldn't be the first time i forced a firmwear rollback. the website i got the image from seemed to be full of people doing it

I... wouldn't be so confident. You cannot downgrade an iPhone without already having jailbroken it on that previous firmware and saved specific files unique to the device that are generated by Apple upon installing that version. Without those keys from Apple, the restore process will fail.

No, you cannot download those keys. No, you cannot generate new keys. No, that piece of software you found on google won't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.